Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Happens In Vegas Stays In Vegas Trip Report

Default What Happens In Vegas Stays In Vegas Trip Report

WELL, SOME OF IT WILL...

The Beginning:

DH and I had a fabulous trip to Las Vegas. It was a much anticipated and needed trip as we hadn't been away alone since 2002 when we went on a Cruise to the Bahamas, so we were thrilled at the opportunity of spending some adult time together. NO CHILDREN. No catering to their needs. No picking up behind them so the house keeper wouldn't think we were all slobs. No worrying about voice control. No crying about being tired. No crying because they wanted to go back to hotel to swim. And no mommy appropriate gowns. Oh, and did I mention: NO CHILDREN!

I stopped taking my chemo in June so I would be ready for this trip. I didn't won't to take my wheelchair and had planned on leaving it here, but reluctantly the day before it was time leave I went ahead and added it to my airplane reservation. I didn't won't anything to keep me from having a wonderful time as I knew there was going to be a lot of walking involved.

Little did I know that would allow me to board the plane first and pick my seating before any others. As I walked on the plane I started counting rows because Cindy told me that row 11 had more leg room. But she didn't tell me that row 11 also came with responsibilities. LOL. The attendant asked me if I was aware that who ever sits in that row had to be responsible for everyone on the plane. I thought he was joking, so I laughed. He didn't. He said seriously, all those that choose those seats are responsible for helping others if there is trouble on the plane so you have to be physically fit. Needless to say, I declined the suggested seats and sat in the next row. My first flight was absolutely fabulous! When we took off my tickle box turned over and I couldn't stop laughing. It reminded me of one of those super fast rides at a theme park.

Oh, and Dude, I asked the attendant about you and she said of course she remembered you, but she was a bit surprised that you remembered her considering on your last flight you mentioned your memory was slipping. LOL.

We decided to just take it day by day and not purchase tickets online before leaving home. So I hauled the old laptop with us and decided we would just purchase them the night before for whatever shows we wanted to see. I would have hated to pre-purchase such expensive tickets and not feel well enough to attend.

I had my list of the shows that were a must for us to see:

The Divine Bette Midler
    The Blue Man Group
    O - Cirque Du Soleil
    Stomp Out Loud
    Wayne Brady

However, things didn't go as planned. The hotel charged 34.99 for 24 hrs of continuous usage. Plus you had to buy some type of cord for 20.00 even if you had a wifi-card!!! So that was out of the question. The next option was to call home and have someone log into my SR account and at least purchase the Blue Man Group and Wayne Brady. They both could have been purchased from the same website which really was The Venetian Hotel. So I called home and had DS23 log in and walk him through the process. For some reason he kept getting logged out of The Blue Man Group link. After several attempts he got frustrated so I gave up.

We had a very early flight and arrived in Vegas at 10:00 am. Thankfully, I requested early check-in and the Bellagio was able to accommodate us.

Stay tune as there is a lot more to come!

Did I get a chance to see all of the fabulous shows that I wanted to see?
    Last edited by Blessing and Miracle; 07-30-2008 at 10:58 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh I love when adults get to go away with just adults.......everyone needs a little R&R! Can't wait to find out what shows you saw!!

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

ohh I hate the teaser TR's! LOL
    Can't wait to read the rest.

$35 for internet???????????????????? That's a little over half of what I pay for FIOS every month!
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

And she left us hanging..... Can't wait to read the rest.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Can't wait to read more. So glad you had a great time. Keep the report coming!

So glad you had a good time.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Can't wait to hear the rest ... talk about a teaser!
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Lisa you aren't suppose to leave us in suspense! Come back and finish this trip report.
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    Did I get a chance to see all of the fabulous shows that I wanted to see?
    Puhleeze...don't leave us in suspense! Enquiring minds (and, nosey ones) want to know. And, an adult trip. Wow! I think my last adult trip was in 1994, before I was a mom. I love my girls, but I do miss adult time. However, last Disney trip, mine were finally old enough to spend part of their time going their own way and I went mine. Straight off to shop, my favorite past time. But, you...you had a husband with you. And, non-Mama gowns. Bet, shopping wasn't the only thing on your mind.

Waiting to read more....

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    Puhleeze...don't leave us in suspense! Enquiring minds (and, nosey ones) want to know. And, an adult trip. Wow! I think my last adult trip was in 1994, before I was a mom. I love my girls, but I do miss adult time. However, last Disney trip, mine were finally old enough to spend part of their time going their own way and I went mine. Straight off to shop, my favorite past time. But, you...you had a husband with you. And, non-Mama gowns. Bet, shopping wasn't the only thing on your mind.

Waiting to read more....

I'll give more tomorrow. Rotfl!
    Sunshine Rewards