Thread: target lower percentage back?/order problem

Default target lower percentage back?/order problem

Just saw that Target is offering 2% rather than 3%?! I wonder why they changed it?
    It wouldn't maybe bother me so much if I didn't currently have an issue with a high-dollar item, an armoire, that I ordered. Apparently it went out of stock right after I ordered it (my luck ), and can't be shipped until October 2nd or so - when I was hoping to have it here before the baby came this month! I would consider canceling the order and re-ordering a different item, but probably what would happen now is that I would lose the 3% I got on this current item and get only 2% on another item, which would mean less cash back even if I got something that cost a little more! So - I have a dilemma, and am not sure what to do! aarrrgh!!! Wait and hope that the supplier gets it to them earlier - or get something else and take a lower percentage back?
    (Hope I put this in the right place; if not feel free to move it)

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

still hoping for an answer/suggestion, please!!

I can't really help except to say that Target did, in fact, lower our commissions.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I can't really help except to say that Target did, in fact, lower our commissions.
    That's disappointing! Disappointing to me right on top of the mess/delay with this item I ordered. Maybe I will just button up and wait until this item gets shipped - because I'd rather keep the 3% than end up with the 2% I'd probably get on a re-ordered item.
    I wonder why they lowered it - do places just do that sometimes if they think there are issues or not enough shopping their site, or what? Or maybe I shouldn't even ask!

We actually send them a fair number of sales. I think it was more of an across the board issue. A lot of merchants are lowering their rates on us right now because of the economy. They figure that paying us less per sale is the fastest way for them to cut costs.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    We actually send them a fair number of sales. I think it was more of an across the board issue. A lot of merchants are lowering their rates on us right now because of the economy. They figure that paying us less per sale is the fastest way for them to cut costs.
    Makes sense - unfortunately. So, maybe after a time, they will raise them again, depending on the economy - I hope! Thanks for the answer.