Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all pro shoppers! WHAT do I BUY???

Default Calling all pro shoppers! WHAT do I BUY???

A couple weeks ago I went to a wedding. It was for a dad of a couple of girls I babysit. I am not sure what to get them! I have been mulling it over, but with no success.

Both of them had their own houses, so they have all of the household items they need (actually doubled). They are NOT hurting for money in any sense of the word (so the cash option is out). I don't know them very well, so I don't want to get too personal, kwim?

So....is there any merchant on SR that anyone can recommend including the particular item? I thought maybe some kind of food thing. I feel bad I have not gotten them anything yet and need to get on it. But the JUST got back from the Bahamas for a few days AND a couple weeks in Hawaii. PLEASE help! I will be here ALL day looking for your input. LOL I will be ordering something today, so bring on your suggestions!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Make up a gift basket with stuff for a dinner (have a theme Italian...spaghetti, spices, sauce, etc) and include a restrauant gift card. Or make a movie night basket (popcorn, soda, candy, etc) and put in a gift card for the movie theater.

In our area these kinds of presents people love to get.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thats a hard one. I like the basket idea too. You could always do a Wine and Cheese basket and add some chocolates,and fruit. If they drink Wine of course.
    "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Michelle

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

They sound like the type that enjoy dining out. Get them a gift certificate to a resteraunt or perhaps movie theater tickets.
    Sunshine Rewards

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

My suggestion for people that have everything already would be:

** A nice personalized gift (maybe with their wedding date) from Things Remembered

or

** A nice food basket (more gourmet/fancy) like from Harry and David, Hickory Farms or Mrs. Pridables has a nice Congratulations Basket http://www.mrsprindables.com/store/i...partment_id=75

Oh I just remembered I LOVE giving ornaments too, and I think it is fine to give all year round. I think they are the perfect gift because everytime the recipient hangs it, they remember you gave it to them! Maybe Things Remembered would have a nice one you could personalize!

Last edited by andrea2289; 08-05-2008 at 08:28 AM.
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    They sound like the type that enjoy dining out. Get them a gift certificate to a resteraunt or perhaps movie theater tickets.
    This gets my vote. Most people enjoy eating out so I'd do the gift certificate to a restaurant nearby.
    Sunshine Rewards

I agree with the gift cert or gift card, and we they are running a great coupon for that right now. Course, a wine basket would be awesome too.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Have you seen the Bride and Groom apples at Mrs. Prindables? They are so adorable! They are unique and delicious. I think they would be the perfect gift for a couple that has everything. They would make a perfect romantic treat for the two of them. It is also a simple way to say Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by missangie View Post
    Have you seen the Bride and Groom apples at Mrs. Prindables? They are so adorable! They are unique and delicious. I think they would be the perfect gift for a couple that has everything. They would make a perfect romantic treat for the two of them. It is also a simple way to say Congratulations!

Ohhhh.... I think that would be the perfect gift for my SIL/BIL for when they get back from their honeymoon!! Thanks for the great idea!!
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I was at a loss last year. I got them a gift certificates.com super certificate so they could use it on what they wanted.