Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help deciding

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Default Help deciding

We are a family of 5 and we have always stayed in 2 rooms at POP. We are going again in October of 2009 and since I have plenty of time to pay for it I was thinking of trying one of the mods or deluxes. The problem? I don't know which one or what kind of room. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have stayed at POR with Brandon and I know that 2 rooms at POP would be better than all of us in 1 of the POR rooms that are made for 5. I also know that 2 rooms at POP are better than 1 family suite at ASM. How do they compare to one room at a deluxe like WIlderness lodge though? I just don't have any experience with those to know what would be a better deal as far as space is concerned.
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

What about renting at a DVC? I believe there are rooms at AKL that can now fit 5.
    Sunshine Rewards

What about the cabins at FW? They have changed those to mod category. Would definitely have room for all of you plus a kitchen and lots of activities for the kids.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by schaery View Post
    What about the cabins at FW? They have changed those to mod category. Would definitely have room for all of you plus a kitchen and lots of activities for the kids.
    I jsut watched one of the Disney shows that I DVR'd I think Disney on a Dime and the FW lodge looked awesome! I think if we stayed OP that's where I would want to stay.
    Sunshine Rewards

I would love to stay at the fort wilderness cabins, they look beautiful.
    Sunshine Rewards

My brother, sil, and their kids always stay at the FW cabins - they won't stay anywhere else, and the kids love it there. I didn't look closely at the sleeping arrangements when I was in their cabin, but spacewise they would sure hold 5.

Jeanne - happily residing in Wisconsin Badger country

I love the deluxes but you only have one bathroom. I have done it with 5 and it does work. but it is a thing to think about. The reason I will not do a value is the double bed. I cannot sleep in a double bed with someone. I have problem with one of my arms and need more room
    Sunshine Rewards
    "
    Jo

We are a family of 5 and we fit perfectly in the room at the Poly. It is 2 queen size beds and a day bed which is about the size of a twin. It's one bathroom, but it's big with plenty of room for toiletries and stuff, and they have very nice sized closets. You also get a refrigerator and a little food storage area (no microwave though). It's a nice room and we fit fine, DH and I each sleep with 1 girl in a queen, and my oldest DD takes the daybed. From what I hear the rooms at BC are the same.

We love being on the monorail, and being close to MK. The rooms at WL, though only sleep 4.
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

When I try to get prices it is giving me a deluxe room at WL that sleeps five. It is 2,000 more than 2 rooms at POP and I am trying to figure out what I will be getting with a room at any of the deluxes that I won't get with 2 rooms at POP. With 2 POP rooms I will have 4 double beds with 5 people but 3 of those people are under 5. We would have 2 bathrooms and 2 tvs and two tables and two of everything. It is looking like the deluxe would be a better deal for me and brandon to do a parents only trip. It isn't the money that is an issue but why pay more for less room? I just want to know what I am getting for that $2000.
    Sunshine Rewards

This is what they are offering me at WL:

All rooms have two queen-size beds and one queen-size sleeper sofa, table and chairs, ceiling fan, private balcony or patio, vanity area with two sinks and bath. Sleeps 6. The Deluxe Rooms have a sitting area separated from the bedroom by French doors, refrigerator, coffeemaker and additional television. All Deluxe Rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include in-room wall safe, robes, voice mail, high-speed data port, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker and refrigerator. A crib is available upon request. Deluxe Rooms are located on the first six floors and offer a view of Bay Lake, woodlands or interior courtyard areas of Disney's Wilderness Lodge. The Old Faithful Club, located on the seventh floor, offers Club Level services, including advanced Walt Disney World? Resort Itinerary Planning service, personalized Front Desk and Concierge service, evening turndown service with chocolates, secured key access to Club Level floors, exclusive access to Club Level Lounge with coffee, tea, beer, continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese and evening cordials and dessert, complimentary Health Club access, weekday newspaper delivery of USA Today, complimentary fax assistance and an opportunity to book and experience Wildlife Discovery Excursion at Disney's Animal Kingdom? Park.
    Sunshine Rewards