Thread: Preorder Question

Default Preorder Question

Does anyone know with pre-orders if you get credit now or when it ships. My card is being charged now, but it won't ship until October. I just ordered DD the new Elmo (Elmo Live). He looks pretty cool, and I probably should have ordered an extra 1 for ebay or something, but I am not brave enough for that, plus he cost over 70 dollars with tax and shipping and my luck this Christmas they will actually have plenty of this one. No big deal on the credit, it isn't a huge one, just wondered if anyone knew when I should be looking for it?now or October.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I think it depends on the merchant. I preordered from GameStop last year and didn't get credit until it shipped.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm curious about this too. I pre-ordered two of the Jonas Brothers CDs for my DDs from Best Buy and got the e-mail that they shipped on Thursday, but no pending credit yet.
    Sunshine Rewards

I was wondering the same thing a while ago when I ordered shoes from Maryland Square.

As Catherine mentioned, it does depend on the merchant. Many companies won't give credit until they ship, even if they charge your CC. Others like Maryland Square gave credit right away and I waited 4 weeks for the shoes.

If you think of it would you report back with an update when you get the credit? That way others that use that merchant for pre-orders will know too.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I have an order from Target.com that has been delayed until October and my cc has not been, nor will be, charged until it ships. But I got credit within 3 days of making the order. I guess Target is willing to give credit before they charge your card - and I like it that they don't charge until they ship.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

It will be interesting to see what happens with FlashyBlinkingLights.com. I just placed an order and the item I ordered is back ordered until 9/5.
    ~Heather
    Happily living on the Wyoming prairie.

Sunshine Rewards