Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New shopping habits

Default New shopping habits

ok This site has changed my habits and I find myself saying we got to go through SR. Last night we shopped Dell through SR. Hope it works. So far so good

Good to hear!! I really think so differently about shopping now as well. I think about shipping costs v gas, rebates v coupons, etc. It's a major shift but a good one.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Good to hear!! I really think so differently about shopping now as well. I think about shipping costs v gas, rebates v coupons, etc. It's a major shift but a good one.
    Hey, great new picture Tricia!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by funcouple6 View Post
    ok This site has changed my habits and I find myself saying we got to go through SR. Last night we shopped Dell through SR. Hope it works. So far so good
    I have finally started to change DH's shopping habits. He will now try on shoes at a store, then come home and tell me the type and size so I can order them. He also asks if I can find things for him at "my sources". Sounds a little shady , but it is more money for Disney!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'smom View Post
    I have finally started to change DH's shopping habits. He will now try on shoes at a store, then come home and tell me the type and size so I can order them. He also asks if I can find things for him at "my sources". Sounds a little shady , but it is more money for Disney!
    Ha! Love it! Your sources!!

Hey-whatever works!!
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

With the shoe sites that offer free shipping, free returns and cash back. How can you go wrong? When I have checked stores, I have saved a a lot of money for identical shoes. And no hassle for me.

You know, not being a people person and really getting aggravated when trying to shop in the evenings and the store is full or retired people that could have shopped all day, I have found shopping online to be such a welcome relief. Yesterday, I had to do my weekly run to Walmart for gift cards. Let me tell you, before i got out of there, I thought I would have a stroke. I hate the lines, I hate how stupid some of the cashiers are and how the stores have really cut back on their checkouts. I don't have 4 hrs to spend in a store, I have a life. So, that being said, besides the gas savings and the ability to shop while I'm watching my soaps, and oh ya, the cash back (and great coupons that girl here gets), I can't see why anyone would opt to go into a brick and mortar store, unless you needed it NOW.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Yes, my shopping habits have definitely changed as well. I have a toddler and baby and shopping online can be so helpful! My kids are very well behaved in stores, but just the process of getting everyone ready and into the store deters me from going out sometimes lol. Not to mention the heat wave we have been having in Texas- who wants to go out in that if you don't have to! I was pregnant last year and did 95% of the Christmas shopping online and it was wonderful!! I'm about to start up my list for this year's shopping as well.

I pretty much have DH trained to go through SR also! Anytime something is delivered that he ordered, as soon as I open my mouth, he says "yes, I went through your site" That's a good thing because he tends to buy the big ticket electronics!
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    With the shoe sites that offer free shipping, free returns and cash back. How can you go wrong? When I have checked stores, I have saved a a lot of money for identical shoes. And no hassle for me.
    We shopped, last wk, during TN's No Sales Tax wkend. Somethings I just bought because time was running out. However, DD10 found $50 gym shoes that I was able to come home and buy for around $41, counting %off and finally being able to use the Shoebuy offer. With clothes, I am a little leary about buying online unless we have pre-shopped in a b&M just because I want to be sure sizing is right and the girls actually like the item. But, lots of other things, esp videos, going thru SR is great. Which reminds me, I need to order Waltons 6 and 7, for my mom. I was supposed to do that, last wkend.

[quote=sunshinecindy;172021]You know, not being a people person and really getting aggravated when trying to shop in the evenings and the store is full or retired people that could have shopped all day, I have found shopping online to be such a welcome relief. quote]

Being a nurse, I am sort of a people person, but have no tolerance (especially as I get older) for stupid people. OR, salespeople who chase me around. I walked into LT2, last wkend, salesperson asked how I was doing, said fine, moved on and she proceeded to follow me all over the store. I left. Even as a teen, I hated that. Once while trying on evening gowns for a dance, I had some idiot sales lady walk in while I was trying on a strapless dress, only the dress was at my waist and my bra was off. That royally pissed me off. My family and friends will tell you I need no help shopping. I do that very well on my own.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Funny story to go along with this.
    Yesterday UPS drops off a Sears package that I ordered online over the weekend. When I opened it, it only had ONE of the items I ordered a bathing suit for DD in a HUGE box. I knew it was being shipped seperaetly but geesh, could you find a big enough box??

So I'm leaving for the grocery store and UPS pulls in behind me.

UPS man " Well April your helping me keep my job"
    Me "lol yeah well Sears could have packaged them all together"
    UPS man "As long as there are women willing to shop, we'll be delivering"
    Me "Well it's summer and I have 3 kids, not fun taking them shopping"
    UPS man "Well no wonder, since this is my 3rd trip here this week"
    Me " You think this is bad wait until the holiday's are here"
    UPS man " Hmm wonder if I can get my route changed before then"

Drugstore came on Monday, one of Sears yesterday, 2 more of Sears today and Gevlia coffee, now I'm just waiting on Borders, but lucky for MR. UPS man I think thats coming USPS.
    Sunshine Rewards