Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New shopping habits

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

My sister has 4 children. The oldest two always looked alike, the youngest two looked alike. They have the same parents. My sister has always done alot of online shopping (but, I am making no progress in getting her on here). She used to say the USPS man was the youngest two's dad.

[QUOTE=arob414;172061]

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    You know, not being a people person and really getting aggravated when trying to shop in the evenings and the store is full or retired people that could have shopped all day, I have found shopping online to be such a welcome relief. quote]

Being a nurse, I am sort of a people person, but have no tolerance (especially as I get older) for stupid people. OR, salespeople who chase me around. I walked into LT2, last wkend, salesperson asked how I was doing, said fine, moved on and she proceeded to follow me all over the store. I left. Even as a teen, I hated that. Once while trying on evening gowns for a dance, I had some idiot sales lady walk in while I was trying on a strapless dress, only the dress was at my waist and my bra was off. That royally pissed me off. My family and friends will tell you I need no help shopping. I do that very well on my own.
    Oh wow. I worked retail for 8 years and thought of myself as the anti-pushy salesperson. Pissed off my bosses, but when I hate sales people bugging me while I'm shopping, you honestly think I'm gonna do that to to other people?

I was shopping at a furniture store a few weeks ago. Right away, I walk in the door, and this sales guy is bugging me. I told him right off the bat I boycott stores with pushy sales people. He left me alone till I came back with my questions about delivery and so on.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

[quote=mmm611;172219]
    Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    Oh wow. I worked retail for 8 years and thought of myself as the anti-pushy salesperson. Pissed off my bosses, but when I hate sales people bugging me while I'm shopping, you honestly think I'm gonna do that to to other people?

I was shopping at a furniture store a few weeks ago. Right away, I walk in the door, and this sales guy is bugging me. I told him right off the bat I boycott stores with pushy sales people. He left me alone till I came back with my questions about delivery and so on.
    You sound like my kind of salesperson. I worked at a chain store, in Memphis, while in college. The owners were close friends with Danny Thomas and his family. I got complimented because I didn't dog Danny's wife but was available when she needed me. I wish I could say it was intentional, it just sort of happened. But, I do appreciate salespeople, but when I am ready for one, I will find them...and, hopefully, not standing in my dsg room.

We're going vanity shopping tonight. I'm sitting here wishing we knew we were replacing it two weeks ago so we could have ordered online. Mom always makes me be the heavy.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    We're going vanity shopping tonight. I'm sitting here wishing we knew we were replacing it two weeks ago so we could have ordered online. Mom always makes me be the heavy.
    Ya know? When I first read that I read it as ya'll were going "vanity" shopping as in hunting things to improve your vanity...new outfit, makeup, etc.

Can you pick it out, then come home and order it?

[QUOTE=arob414;172244]Ya know? When I first read that I read it as ya'll were going "vanity" shopping as in hunting things to improve your vanity...new outfit, makeup, etc.

That's exactly what I was thinking, then when you posted I thought DUH, me!

I was shopping at a furniture store a few weeks ago. Right away, I walk in the door, and this sales guy is bugging me. I told him right off the bat I boycott stores with pushy sales people. He left me alone till I came back with my questions about delivery and so on.[/QUOTE]

Furniture stores are one of the places I really don't like to go to, along with car dealers. When you go into any furniture store here the salespeople greet you, that's fine, but then they follow you and lurk. It took me a few years to get up the nerve to do this, but what I do now is greet the salesperson back, then say "I'm just looking" or, "I know what I'm looking for and if I have any questions, I'll let you know. If you choose to follow me around or lurk, I'll leave the store immediately and won't buy anything here." It has worked every time but once. The guy was "lurking", which to me is worse then following me. I marched right to the front of the store and out the door.