Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JENVANCE - Still here???

I'm thinking of you and your little one... thanks for the updates...

My own story to add... I have two girls...and they came in very different ways... I think it had more to do with their personalities than me...

My first at two weeks overdue had to be induced... We had no medical problems... but I really wanted to meet the baby to I elected for a C-Section, after trying petocin (sp) for 16+ hours with no progress. She was 8lbs, 6oz which I thought was big considering I'm a petite 5'2"

My second came 4 days after her due date. Totally naturally... Hospital Birth... all the nurses came to watch...said it had been a long time since they had seen a natural birth...and a couple wanted to see how the birthing bar was set up... My second was born with merconium next to her... luckily none in her. She was over 9 pounds and it was an easy birth. I only needed a few stitches, and didn't have any swelling. They kept us at the hospital an extra day because they were worried about her large size ?!?!?

When my kids see newborn babies they always ask was I that tiny?? I always laugh and say nope...you were never that tiny...

I myself was the premie that had to come out 2 months early at 2 pounds... My mother and father were at a sumo wrestling match when her water broke... my father wanted to stay and watch the rest of the match... but my mother got him to take her to the hospital somehow

I look forward to reading your birth story
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Any signs of progession this morning Jen? I'm leaving for our two day drive to disney at 4 am tomorrow so I wont' be able to check in to see your progress, but I'll be thinking of you! I'll blow some magic labor pixie dust your way!

At least now there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I remember those end of pregnancy feelings of mixed emotions and being tired of being pregnant all too well. Good luck on Monday (or sooner if it should happen)!
    Debbie

I have three children all induced. DD was a week past due date and nothing was going on as far as the cervix so on due date Dr. said if you haven't gone into labor we will induce a week from today. They gave me pitocin and managed to piggyback contractions which wasn't fun. The contraction would heighten, come part way back down, and go up again from there they started the pitocin at 10 am and she was born at 11 pm at 8 lbs. 3 oz. Then they wouldn't let me have the epidural until 6 pm. After the fact the nurse told me that because the contractions were piggybacked I was actually not able to dilate until after the epidural was in place. Basically fighting nature.

Second child went into labor a month early. They stopped the contractions and sent me home on strict bed rest for 3 weeks. Then induced what they thought was a week early. He was 10 lbs,10 oz. and I had a triple episiotomy to deliver him. None of that stuff on his skin, eczema over 90% of his body and the placenta and umbilical cord were a dull gray (with DD my husband said the umbilical cord was a brilliant blueish color) I am convinced with 100% of my being that the due date they gave me was off and he was 3 weeks overdue.

Third child we induced a week early no problems and he was exactly 7 lbs.
    Sunshine Rewards

Its so neat listening to everyone's stories. I love it. And Thanks for all the well wishes. Still no signs of labor, but it will come. The whole inducing thing is hard, I went through it with dd, my water broke and I was actually having contractions, went to the hospital but nothing was happening, After being in the hospital for fourteen hours with hard contractions that were not doing enything and no epidural, they decided to give me pitocin to help me along. DD was born 2 and a half hours later. DS's delivery was much easier. By the time I got to the hospital I was already 8 cm dialated and he was born in about an hour and a half.
    Sunshine Rewards

Good Luck Jen,

As hard as those last weeks are, I will always remember the joy of anticipation to meet my new child. There is nothing in the world like the first moment that you lay eyes on that little miracle.

Can't wait to hear all about it!!
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

Jen - its seems as if you have a true diva on your hands there! No true princess arrives anything but fashionably late to the party

I hope you have a smooth and easy labor and delivery!
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

Jen - Hope all is going well with you and baby! Can't wait for an update!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Here's hoping all is well with you and DD. I hope she is not feeling too much pain.
    "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Michelle