Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone waiting for the Codes for Oct, Nov & Dec

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Time for shopping!! :0) Congrats!!

You are so right. I can't wait to go shopping!
    LEA ANN

Sunshine Rewardswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

Ok, still a little confused here...

Are these codes for room only, room + passes, or room + passes + meals?

DH and I will be in WDW Nov 29 - Dec 12 and I see on Disboards that someone said they got a code that discounted their stay from Nov 29 - Dec 3. It didn't say what was discounted.

DH and I have annual passes, but our friend is planning on buying a 10 day hopper pass. We have a timeshare off site to stay in from Dec 5-12 - but need a room all together from Nov 29-Dec 4.

Can anyone help me figure this all out? Confused

Oh, and I do not have AAA. Do I need it to get these discounts?
    Elaine

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Elaine-
    They announced public codes--good for anyone--today. The discount is for packages at this time...(no room only discounts were announced today). So that would mean you need room & tickets. Yesterday AP rates were announced though so maybe that will help you if you haven't already checked on that.

The Disney website was updated to reflect the discounts so if you want to play around the site to see what you can get, go to Tickets & Reservations, then Special Offers & then select the 4night/5 day Fall Special...or something like that.

When the offers come up, they will say something like Oct-Dec Rates. You can book online or you can book through a TA or Disney. However, since you won't need tickets it would only be a package if you each got at least a 1 day base ticket (assuming you're all staying in the same room).

Hope this helps!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Well, I called to see if any rooms had opened up at the Pop for the discount and they hadn't.

I asked to have the hotels priced that were available.

So, for my 10 day, 10 days of tix, and DDP,

Pop (original ressie) $3335

All-Star $2700 (saving $650)

Coronado Spring $3175 (saving $150)

So, I decided to switch to the Coronado. My step-dad who is going with us needs a King which AS can't guarantee and I think that the busses for the week of Thanksgiving that have to stop at all 3 AS' will be very crowded. I think I'm really going to miss the Pop though. I'm not as excited as I wish I was. I love to save money so it's hard to justify to my cheap self staying at the Coronado instead of AS. But, I AM saving money so that does make me a little happy.

I have been waiting for the discounts to come out as well, made two calls to Disney last night and was able to apply the passholder discount, which saved $55, we are staying at coronado, 11/28-12/1. Since I was hoping to save more, I kept going through the dis looking for any other possible codes, I found DGE, I just called and that is saving me an additional $50. It overrode the passholder discount for a total savings of $100
    So for anyone who is still looking try that code.

I just saw this thread and I'm interested. BUT, we aren't going until January. When should I start looking for these discounts to come out for Jan, or do they even do them? We are going the end of the month of Jan.
    What sites are the best to look at and where do I go?
    I don't know how you all know where to go and look. I need some tutoring in this! We do have a Disney Visa and just recently joined AAA, so should I be doing my booking through AAA?

I know in the past they have released discounts for passholders and florida residents for Jan dates , not sure about AAA or Disney Visa.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

AAA 2009 rates are already available for you. There is nothing for Disney Visa holders right now. For AAA, if you want the dining plan, you must book through AAA to get the discount. If you don't want the dining plan, you can book through Disney (or I think a Disney specific travel agency like Dreams Unlimited). I always book w/AAA first to get at least the AAA discount & then I watch for other codes & then have my AAA TA apply the new discounts.

The two sites that I find the most info on the discounts are mousesavers.com & disboards.com.

If I were to guess when public codes would come out for Jan 09 would be end of Sept/early Oct...but that's just my guess.

HTH
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Saw the code last weekend and didn't know if I could use it for our Dec trip since a few of our dates were not included but I called anyway to check and I'm soooo glad I did! We saved almost $700 on our trip!! Woo Hoo!! Now, what can I spend that money on????
    Liz

Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass..it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by jakeandsophiesmom View Post
    Saw the code last weekend and didn't know if I could use it for our Dec trip since a few of our dates were not included but I called anyway to check and I'm soooo glad I did! We saved almost $700 on our trip!! Woo Hoo!! Now, what can I spend that money on????
    Not sure but maybe some more time to finish your trip report that i'm dying to hear all about!!!

Whoo hoo! congrats on saving so much money! That's awesome!!
    Sunshine Rewards