Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I stop unintentional sign ups?

Default Scholastic

I got a box from them today! I didn't sign up or agree to anything with them as far as I know.

I really don't know what to do. I can write refuse on the box but how do I make sure they don't hold me responsible?

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I would call Scholastic (1800-scholastic) and let them know that there is a package on the way back. Then write refused on the box and put in in the mailbox.

I have always had a good response from Scholastic...good luck!
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks, I'll do that!

Default How do I stop unintentional sign ups?

I'm a little nervous today!

I've only been a member for exactly a month today. I've already had to cancel and unauthorized Parents subscription, then today I somehow got signed up for Vista Prints rewards program, but got that cancelled. Then today a package shows up for a membership in the Scholastic book club!!! Not to mention the CRM letter that also came today.

Does this happen to you all alot? Am I not doing something right or maybe not paying close enough attention?

HELP!!

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

I got the CRM letter today also. I have rec'd a few magazines in the past, but I just write cancel, and return, and they stop sending it. In the 2+ years I've been doint this I think I've only received 4 unwanted items in the mail.

Not sure about the Scholastic thing. Did your credit card get billed or anything? I would call and cancel. Or I'm pretty sure they give you some sort of "If you are not completely satisfied, blah blah, return to this address blah blah".

The only thing I can suggest is to just be very careful that you have "No" checked for what you don't want. Sometimes I think I checked no, but my mouse clicked outside the circle so it didn't take. So now I double check the page to make sure that the only "Yes" checked off are ones that I chose myself.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I haven't had too many issues but every now and then I'll get something in the mail - letters normally - related to offers but never products. I agree with Laura, you just have to be diligent to make sure you are reading the fine print and clicking yes on things you want and no on things you don't want. I find that if I slow down and take my time clicking on each item after reading about it I usually don't end up with unwanted items and the offers credit better for me.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by kim2430 View Post
    I got a box from them today! I didn't sign up or agree to anything with them as far as I know.

I really don't know what to do. I can write refuse on the box but how do I make sure they don't hold me responsible?
    I am also having some serious issues with Scholastic. I keep getting invoices for things / clubs I have never signed up for. It makes me crazy. I keep writing cancel and that I didn't sign up and returning the invoice. Thanks for the post...it will give others a heads up.

I am going to call that number and have some heads roll.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    I am also having some serious issues with Scholastic. I keep getting invoices for things / clubs I have never signed up for. It makes me crazy. I keep writing cancel and that I didn't sign up and returning the invoice. Thanks for the post...it will give others a heads up.

I am going to call that number and have some heads roll.
    I did sign up for something with Scholastic once and it was a bit of a pain getting things canceled sometime later when I wanted to. I still got packages and had my credit card charged once, but after calling and writing them emails both, did get things straightened out. I think sometimes once they know you were interested once, they try to get you to bite again.
    But in general, I really haven't had any problems with unwanted packages/subscriptions. Just some extra phone calls.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

I got 2 books today, from Book of the month club. It wasn't even delivered to my home, it was delivered to a building next door to my house. I don't know who delivered it, but I saw a box sitting there, with my name and address. I packaged it back up, and I have to pay to mail it back.

Luckily they don't have my credit card, but they want payment by August 30. I bet it will cost me over $5.00 to send it back.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I haven't had too many issues but every now and then I'll get something in the mail - letters normally - related to offers but never products. I agree with Laura, you just have to be diligent to make sure you are reading the fine print and clicking yes on things you want and no on things you don't want. I find that if I slow down and take my time clicking on each item after reading about it I usually don't end up with unwanted items and the offers credit better for me.
    Another I do is make sure anything that I select no to & it prefills w/my data (name, address, phone number, email, etc) I delete that data too. I may have selected no, but sometimes it still comes up & poof there's my name! I haven't had any issues (knock wood) of items sent to me that I didn't sign up for.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800