Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I stop unintentional sign ups?

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Another I do is make sure anything that I select no to & it prefills w/my data (name, address, phone number, email, etc) I delete that data too. I may have selected no, but sometimes it still comes up & poof there's my name! I haven't had any issues (knock wood) of items sent to me that I didn't sign up for.
    I never thought to do that.

This is the 2nd thing I had to deal with within the last couple of weeks. The other thing was a magazine subscription.

I don't know if this is something that came up from an offer I did or not - I haven't done many offers, anyway. BUt I had some charge on my cc from SUnday that had to do with www dot happy birthday to you - didn't say .com afterwards, just the name Barry and letters GBR. Very strange - seems like someone gave themselves a bday gift at my expense.
    It is annoying to have something like this happen when you try to be careful and only use secure websites for ordering and so on.
    DH thinks maybe we should cancel - and it might be a good idea. I am not going to pay for someone else's little presents to themselves, however and whatever this charge came from.
    So - you can be careful, and things still happen.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    I don't know if this is something that came up from an offer I did or not - I haven't done many offers, anyway. BUt I had some charge on my cc from SUnday that had to do with www dot happy birthday to you - didn't say .com afterwards, just the name Barry and letters GBR. Very strange - seems like someone gave themselves a bday gift at my expense.
    It is annoying to have something like this happen when you try to be careful and only use secure websites for ordering and so on.
    DH thinks maybe we should cancel - and it might be a good idea. I am not going to pay for someone else's little presents to themselves, however and whatever this charge came from.
    So - you can be careful, and things still happen.

Cancel what ? your card ? I definatly would....two times in the past DH or myself had unexpected charges to our card, and both times the charge didn't stop at 1.... there were always multiple charges. If you haven't cancelled it already I would right away.

Yes, I meant the card! There was a charge from google a few months ago, and no additional ones following that - but DH thinks they would want to cancel it anyway, with 2 unauthorized charges in 3-4 months. I think it would be safer in this instance, too.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

I just got off the phone with Scholastic and she was very nice. She said it was signed up for through survey! She told me I could keep the tote bag but I don't want to pay to send it back so I'm not opening the box. Just taking it to the post office and writing refused on it.

Yesterday I also recieved a box from Scholastic. I called and told them the truth. My "baby" is 21 and I didn't order the the First Readers books. She told me to doante the books to charity. (Can you say raffle for our Alzhiemer's Memory Walk Team?) I recieved a Colombia House DVD and several magazines in the past.

I go slow on offers, always hit "NO" even if there is an option to skip and delete any personal prefilled information. I don't know how this happens - but it does come from Sunshining.

You'd think these companies would have some sort of confirmation system. If I was a mean person, I could sign a former co-worker that I wasn't overly fond of up for every "order now,pay later" club in existance.
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards