Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey! Anyone else a "Big winner"?

TIAMOMMA is offline McChingy, I like that, it has a nice ring to it. Kind of like a new McDonald's entree.

Default Hey! Anyone else a "Big winner"?

I'm sure this is an off-shoot of some free offer I did. Today I rec'd a check for $2890.00 along with a letter from Canada (Prudence Financial Inc) to advise me that I'm an exceptionally luck sweepstake winner.

Unfortunately, due to International Law it stipulates that the winner needs to pay a processing fee before funds are released. But luckily for me they encloded a check for 2890.00. Once I cash the check I can contact my claims agent to find out how much to withdraw and send to the processing Office to finalize the payment of my $46,650.00 in winnings!!

Gee, am I a lucky girl or what? Funny how the mail was sent from Canada, I guess that will exempt them from U.S. laws. The check looks quite legitimate. I hate it when I see this kind of stuff - I wonder how many people run right out to the bank then call their "claims agent" to find out where to send the money. I'm sure this is usually done before the check comes back bounced and the "lucky winner" has already sent the funds (Oh why do I have the feeling the funds would need to be sent via Western Union?) to the shyster running this.

Anyway, I either saved myself from a scam or I'm giving up $46,650.00!
    Sunshine Rewards

Yep I got one too!
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

jollytammy is offline I have trouble even knowing what day it is

it's a scam--I got a check for about a couple thousand from a mystery shopper thingy--I spend the money, and I guess the check would pay me back--unlikely, checked on the internet, it's a scam. Usually you can find info on these scams on the internet by searching on google--glad you didn't cash it!!!
    JollyTammy

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by jollytammy View Post
    it's a scam--I got a check for about a couple thousand from a mystery shopper thingy--I spend the money, and I guess the check would pay me back--unlikely, checked on the internet, it's a scam. Usually you can find info on these scams on the internet by searching on google--glad you didn't cash it!!!
    I got that mystery shopper check also....right in the shredder it went!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Hubby got one (interesting, as I'm the one throwing my own name all over the known universe, LOL).

We both wondered what exactly would happen if you just deposited the check and did nothing else? Probably it would just eventually bounce, I suppose...
    Sunshine Rewards

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

I got one from a mystery shopping place too. It's sitting right in front of me because I got it yesterday. Looks like a traveler's cheque for $4991. All I have to do is cash it and wire all this money through Western Union and Moneygram and rate their services. Yeah sure, I'll get right on that. I feel sorry for anyone that falls for that and losing all that money.

We get those all the time.

What's really sad is many times they target the elderly who often fall for the scam.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I also received one of the ones from Canada. I'll bet that alot of people get sucked into this scam. The check is very official looking. Especially elderly people. It is sad
    Sunshine Rewards

Lisaj68 is offline I've found my new addiction and I'm going to be late for church!!

Default still waiting for my check!

Haven't got it yet...boo hoo!

Seriously though, are those items supposed to be turned into the post office? I thought I remember hearing that once....?

Ever since I signed up for SR I have been receiving e-mails proclaiming me the lucky winner of some foreign lottery. I think I have "won" the lottery in every country in Europe, some countries in Africa, and Australia. My "winnings" now total in the hundreds of millions of dollars. Guess I can finally afford to stay at the Grand Floridian now.