Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey! Anyone else a "Big winner"?

ChickiePants is offline Next thing you know, Chingy will be showing up on your doorstep!

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    We both wondered what exactly would happen if you just deposited the check and did nothing else? Probably it would just eventually bounce, I suppose...
    Even more interesting, I wonder what would happen if you cashed it at one of those "check cashing" places where you have to give them part of it as a fee. I'd almost try it just to see how hard they laugh.

I haven't won anything but apparently there are some guys in Nigeria that really need my help in getting millions out of their country. Can you believe that they are going to give me a huge chunk of it just for helping them out? I don't even have to do anything except send them my checking account info! Wow, such an easy way to make a few million. I guess I can give up SR now that I am going to have all these millions.

OK, j/k! I can't believe people really fall for some of these scams! It really is sad!
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

If you cash the check they can get your account number, routing number, and signature from the cancelled check and then you are screwed because they can make the fake checks with your info on them and run your account dry. So don't try it out just for fun.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by llgray16 View Post
    I haven't won anything but apparently there are some guys in Nigeria that really need my help in getting millions out of their country. Can you believe that they are going to give me a huge chunk of it just for helping them out? I don't even have to do anything except send them my checking account info! Wow, such an easy way to make a few million. I guess I can give up SR now that I am going to have all these millions.

OK, j/k! I can't believe people really fall for some of these scams! It really is sad!
    And I won the UK lottery - an unbelievable amount of pounds - and it'll be mine as soon as I send a minor processing fee.

I haven't won anything yet nor is anyone needing my help . My parents had to made an international wire transfer cause we are getting ready to move back home and they got the twenty questions game from the bank. Is this to help someone get their lottery wins? Is this to help someone with the inheritage? I guess banks are trying to save their behinds about now warning people when they send the money out of the country.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    If you cash the check they can get your account number, routing number, and signature from the cancelled check and then you are screwed because they can make the fake checks with your info on them and run your account dry. So don't try it out just for fun.
    Excellent point! I haven't gotten checks back in I don't know how long, so I don't even *think* about being able to see the checks and info...but I suppose if you were a scammer, you'd pay for that now-extra service!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2micayla View Post
    I got one from a mystery shopping place too. It's sitting right in front of me because I got it yesterday. Looks like a traveler's cheque for $4991. All I have to do is cash it and wire all this money through Western Union and Moneygram and rate their services. Yeah sure, I'll get right on that. I feel sorry for anyone that falls for that and losing all that money.

I got one too. Man how I wish it was real
    Sunshine Rewards