Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plannning a trip for January!

I'm going to try and talk DH into letting me take DS8 in January....I kind of have a lot of ammunition since we went absolutely NO WHERE this Summer! We will probably only spend a couple days at WDW and more time with Grandma and Grandpa....but a couple days of Disney is better than NO Disney!! I'm thinking maybe Jan. 14-16th. I too love WDW in January!!!!

Your plans sound great Shelly!!

We will be there Jan 4th through the 17th. We go the same time every year and the crowds are pretty low. This year we are going a week earlier than last year. I love CP!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Default Speaking of mental disorders, Hedy...

Is there is also a mental disorder called wdwrestaurantpickaphobia!?

I've only been planning this trip for about 2 weeks and have made no less than 4 calls to Disney dining. The first was to make our initial reservations, the next was to add the Crystal Palace breakfast (thank you Lynn!), and then I changed our Boma dinner so SIL and nephew could join us (we are doing that at 7:15 on Sunday now). So over Labor Day while DH and I were talking about his boss's recent trip to WDW (where they got upgraded to Poly concierge, Magic Kingdom view from a standard room BTW, those lucky ducks!!), I got to thinking about 'Ohana. I consistently recommend it as my hands-down, all around favorite, must-do restaurant at WDW to anyone who asks me for advice, yet we weren't going there this time. And I started to feel sad. I liked Whispering Canyon Cafe well enough, and DH and DS haven't been there yet, but it wasn't giving me that happy feeling and something still felt incomplete about my plans. Do I sound crazy yet?

So I took a poll (Me: "kids, I think I want to go back to 'Ohana for dinner -- remember that yummy vanilla bean bread pudding with the bananas foster sauce! -- instead of that canyon place that does crazy ketchup stuff and DD would have to get a kids' meal, okay?" "They: sure, mom!" lol), and it was settled. I called WDW-DINE the next morning and wouldn't you know they had the same time open we had at WCC! So I changed our ADR and now feel very happy that we are at least going to eat at my beloved Poly!

You're making my nouth water this morning Shelly!

I love unbiased polls like this! LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    So I took a poll (Me: "kids, I think I want to go back to 'Ohana for dinner -- remember that yummy vanilla bean bread pudding with the bananas foster sauce! -- instead of that canyon place that does crazy ketchup stuff and DD would have to get a kids' meal, okay?" "They: sure, mom!" lol), and it was settled.
    I just pinned DH down last night about going in January and he said yes! Didn't even have to play the "no Summer vacation" card!!! WOOT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JillyFish View Post
    I just pinned DH down last night about going in January and he said yes! Didn't even have to play the "no Summer vacation" card!!! WOOT!!!!
    YAY!!!!

YEAH Jill! Looks like everyone is getting in their vacations! Congrats! Better start that pre planning report!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Is there is also a mental disorder called wdwrestaurantpickaphobia!?

I've only been planning this trip for about 2 weeks and have made no less than 4 calls to Disney dining. The first was to make our initial reservations, the next was to add the Crystal Palace breakfast (thank you Lynn!), and then I changed our Boma dinner so SIL and nephew could join us (we are doing that at 7:15 on Sunday now). So over Labor Day while DH and I were talking about his boss's recent trip to WDW (where they got upgraded to Poly concierge, Magic Kingdom view from a standard room BTW, those lucky ducks!!), I got to thinking about 'Ohana. I consistently recommend it as my hands-down, all around favorite, must-do restaurant at WDW to anyone who asks me for advice, yet we weren't going there this time. And I started to feel sad. I liked Whispering Canyon Cafe well enough, and DH and DS haven't been there yet, but it wasn't giving me that happy feeling and something still felt incomplete about my plans. Do I sound crazy yet?

So I took a poll (Me: "kids, I think I want to go back to 'Ohana for dinner -- remember that yummy vanilla bean bread pudding with the bananas foster sauce! -- instead of that canyon place that does crazy ketchup stuff and DD would have to get a kids' meal, okay?" "They: sure, mom!" lol), and it was settled. I called WDW-DINE the next morning and wouldn't you know they had the same time open we had at WCC! So I changed our ADR and now feel very happy that we are at least going to eat at my beloved Poly!
    Well, I'm sure the changes in the ADR system have been throwing you off, right shelly?

w00t! How nice for DS8!

I'm tenatively joining this thread-I'm putting my deposit down for 1/30-2/1, but I won;t know if I get it off work until December, so I'm a little leery.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

I'm following this thread and am very excited for all of you planning trips.

Shelly, you will LOVE the early ADR for CP. I think it's one of the most magical things to do. Walking down the empty street maks you feel like it's open just for you, and the great castle pics, it fabulous.

We are going in Sept (less than 2 weeks!!!) but my mind is already curious about Jan 2010 (shhhh, don't tell hubby) I'll be looking forward to all of your reports. I've never been in the Winter.
    Dorothy

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Well, I'm sure the changes in the ADR system have been throwing you off, right shelly?
    Um, yeah... that's it, LOL! Seriously I think I'm done now. However I am not really thrilled about Hollywood & Vine for dinner since it gets such poor reviews. I do want to do the Fantasmic Dinner Package -- with Fantasmic only being performed 2 nights a week now, even in January I would anticipate greater crowds and we will only have part of a day in the park anyway so I wanted to do the package to ensure seats that we do not have to line up too much in advance for. I don't want to use 2 TS on Brown Derby (tho' we've done that before and I enjoyed it), and Mama Melrose only had 4:00 open -- just a bit too early for dinner. I figured we could get in and out of H&V relatively quickly. Does anyone have any good things about H&V dinner to share?

I'm also a little unsure about Marrakesh so any reviews of that would be appreciated also.

I'm excited for all of the rest of you planning winter trips too!!!

Um, yeah... that's it, LOL! Seriously I think I'm done now. However I am not really thrilled about Hollywood & Vine for dinner since it gets such poor reviews. I do want to do the Fantasmic Dinner Package -- with Fantasmic only being performed 2 nights a week now, even in January I would anticipate greater crowds and we will only have part of a day in the park anyway so I wanted to do the package to ensure seats that we do not have to line up too much in advance for. I don't want to use 2 TS on Brown Derby (tho' we've done that before and I enjoyed it), and Mama Melrose only had 4:00 open -- just a bit too early for dinner. I figured we could get in and out of H&V relatively quickly. Does anyone have any good things about H&V dinner to share?

I'm also a little unsure about Marrakesh so any reviews of that would be appreciated also.

I'm excited for all of the rest of you planning winter trips too!!!
    WE went to H&V back in 2001 and it was fine........nothing too spectacular that I can remember, but everyone found something that they liked.

We ate at Morroco (TS) in 2007 and it was so so. my dd5 (4 at the time) loved it...she love couscous!!. My meal was okay, but my sister did not like her lemon chicken (it was a drumstick and I think that threw her off..) It is very pretty in there though. Always nice to try something new....now the CS at Morrocco I LOVE! Have never been disappointed. HTH

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards