Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wilson's return to SSR! Pretrip

I love that pic of the castle. So pretty. You made me cry with your description of it and how excited Alicia was to see Tinkerbell. It is all so magical. I can't wait to have my kids experience this. I am glad you replaced Ethan's stuff. YAY!
    Sunshine Rewards

No. I think we were just too early. But boy is Boma GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    So glad Merchandising could help you out with replacing the items.

Did you ever see Dude and family?

I am loving your TR. Your pics are fantastic. I love the castle. Sorry to hear about the luggage. Glad to hear that the replacements are coming.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    O, and guess what! This morning I called the mail order store and they are now sending the items we lost. Shipping is outrageous BUT at this point we don't care! So between 10-15 days Ethan will get his stuff! I was pretty happy when I got off the phone!
    Yeah, a mommy on a mission. Mission completed. Way to go mom. What we won't do for our children.

Love the pictures!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Day 3

I must apologize as today I forgot my camera! So there are no pictures. I know my mother-in-law has some but I haven't gotten hers yet.

Today is Saturday! We got up at 7. We did this most mornings, getting up between 6:45 and 7:15. We did not make rope drop but were there soon after. We got some pastries from a little cart there with some snack credits and they were so good. (I should mention here that we bought the DDP, Disney Dining plan. For those who don't know this gave us 1 snack credit, 1 counter service, and one table service for every night we were there for each of us.) While we ate my inlaws took some time to take some pictures with the photopass photogs. I pre-ordered the photopass pictures so I wanted to take as many pictures as we could. We then headed to Expedition Everest for fast passes. Then it was off to Dinoland. We went on the Triceratop Spin and then off to Dinosaur. I thought this one was going to be too scary for the kids but they did great. I got off it and my back was so sore. It is a really really rough ride. The kids and I headed to The Boneyard next while Ben headed off to get fast passes for Kilimanjaro Safari and Gordon and Martha went to Expedition Everest. The Boneyard is a playground that has dinosaur bones to uncover and lots of slides that are combined by rickety bridges and ropes. There is an old jeep to climb on, it is just a fun place to hang out and waste time. We all met back up and then Ben and I went on EE. I loved this ride but I was the only one of the four of us that did. Alicia did not want to do this one and even though Ethan wanted too BADLY he was too short. We had 2 more fast-passes for this one but since I was the only one willing to go again we gave those away and headed to the Safari. We all loved this one. Gordon and Alicia thought it was their favorite for the day. Next we headed to Kali River Rapids but on the way there we found Baloo and King Louie so we stopped for some signatures and pictures. I had made pillowcases to use instead of an autograph book and so I was ready to start getting some names on them. But I guess King Louie never signs his name. The pictures on my photopass are pretty good but I don't have those yet! Anyway we continued on to Kali River Rapids. I was the one pushing for this one and I have to say I will NEVER go on this one again unless I have a full outfit to change into. I got soaked. I don?t mean a little wet but completely soaked. I could not get dry the rest of the day. This did end up being my daughters favorite ride of the entire stay though. So I am glad we went on it -- but ICK! It was now time for our lunch ADR, at Tusker House. We did it at 1:00 because this gave us Nemo passes for the 3:15 show. We all enjoyed the food here. I would definitely go back. After lunch we had some time to kill before Nemo so we went to find some characters. We found Christmas Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore. So 3 more names for the pillowcases. Now we headed on to Finding Nemo, the Musical. The vouchers ended up being great. We did not have to wait in the long line everyone else stands in, but went to our own entry way. They let us in before the others and we got to sit in the front right bottom section! We had seen this show before but it was so cool sitting so close. At the end Dory swam out and looked right at Alicia and said "hello princess." Alicia thought this was very special, her eyes lit right up and she had to make sure we all had seen that. I love this show. The colors are so bright and they do such a good job! It made me really want to see The Festival of the Lion King as I had seen Nemo last trip but not the Lion King. But the kids were fading and us girls were still wet and ready to change so it was not to be. We headed back to our resort. The kids and the men, again went swimming while my mother-in-law and I headed to Downtown Disney to get some sandwiches. I did put on a fleece shirt and a vest from Lands End(during that deal of the day sale through SR) even though it was still probably 70 degrees. I just could not shake the coldness from that ride. We also stopped by the Christmas store where I bought a few things and window shopped some. Then we all ate some food and headed off to bed. It was another great day.
    Last edited by wilsonfamily4; 01-14-2009 at 10:14 AM.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Another great day! I love AK, I could ride the Safarri all day I think. It's too bad you didn't get a chance to see FotLK as it is a great show. Maybe next time!
    Sunshine Rewards

I know these are long winded BUT I can't seem to get everything in in less words.

Day 4 Hollywood Studios

Sunday! This was the last day of the Osborne Dancing Lights in Hollywood Studios. The MAIN reason I chose early January. I really wanted to see these. So we woke and headed to Hollywood Studios.
    Today was the day we wore the cheesy matching shirts I made New Years Eve they have our names on the front and this is the back.

We got there and I headed to get fast passes for the newest ride in all of WDW, Toy Story Mania. I knew from reading on DISboards.com that this was still a very popular ride. So we decided to fast pass that one rather then stand in a 50-60 minute line. By mid day the lines were at almost 2 hours long! Really who waits that long for a 5 minute ride? Anyway while I grabbed fast passes Martha took the kids over to get pictures with Pluto and Goofy. I had forgotten their pillowcases today! So no autographs. We then headed over to Star Tours. This was pretty much a walk on. I really did not like this one. I felt it was dated and it really made me sick! Ethan also was very scared of it. When the ride was over he just pouted and said he didn?t like that one. It was sad. But this was my daughters FAVORITE ride EVER. We found it ironic that Alicia?s favorite was Star Tours and that was Ethan?s least favorite and Ethan?s favorite Splash Mountain was Alicia?s least favorite! Anyway we then went to see Journey into Narnia:Prince Caspain, which turned out to be a short recap of the movie and a waste of time. Next door was the Little mermaid show. WOW that was pretty cool. This show was for Alicia. She loves Ariel. So she was very into this show.
    Now it was time for the ride of the day! We headed back to Toy Story Mania and we got so close and the ride broke down! They ended up giving us a fast pass back that was good any time in the next 14 days. Well we all knew it had to be today as this was the only day scheduled for Hollywood Studios. So we got off and went and found some lunch. It was now 11:30 and we found a counter service. It was next door to Indiana Jones so after we finished we decided that was next on our agenda. So we ate and headed for the line. We didn?t wait long before they let us in. We ended up sitting in the front row at Indiana Jones. It was really cool to be able to see the whole set and then around the corner to where they had other sets sitting to change. Ethan loved this show. I mean really enjoyed this show.
    Since we seemed to be in the show mood we headed off for Beauty and the Beast show. I had seen this one last time and it is an okay one to me. Ethan was BORED to death. But there were some really good actors this time around. When we left this we were right in front of the Tower of Terror. Now Alicia rode this one last trip but Ethan was to short. So for 2 years he has heard how scary it is. He had said he was not going. But somehow he wondered off to ride it with daddy and papa and grammy! I stayed behind to have an icecream with Alicia. Pretty sure I had the better end! Ethan was proud of himself but says he will not ride that one again. Gordon and I then headed to the single rider line at Rock n? Roller Coaster. GOODNESS GRACIOUS that one is FUN, and I mean capital F fun. Soooooo fun. I just wanted to get back on it.
    So finally we get to ride Toy Story Mania. We all put on the beautiful glasses and got in our little cars. This ride is amazing. That was the Family favorite. We got off and could not believe that was the only time we could ride that one. So sad. It was getting late and close to dinner so we had to find one more thing to do. We decided we did have time for Lights, Motors, Action stunt show, which earlier we had thought would be a miss. We got there LATE and sat in the nose bleeds but I think everyone was glad that we got to see it. Again, Ethan loved this show. So much that I decided to record one of the acts on my camera to show Ethan later. This came in handy a few nights later on a bus ride back to our resort. I would just replay it over and over. He never tired of seeing the motorcycles race around and the man fall from the roof when shot. It ended with the bad guy catching on fire. Ethan would always ask if the bad man was okay. We then raced to our dinner reservation at Mama Melrose.
    After dinner we headed to our lights! It was amazing, really pretty. We went down the streets and then found a man to take our pictures. I also knew that I wanted to get the hot chocolate in a special mug. It was very spendy but it has the matching dancing lights. It will be a great souvenir for years to come.

We then headed back to our resort for the regular time at the pool. This was a GREAT DAY!
    Last edited by wilsonfamily4; 01-15-2009 at 03:02 PM.

Wink

Awesome TR Dee...I never got to ride Toy Story this time..the line was always long, tried to do a fast pass once, but it was not meant to be this trip..next time.

Aren't those lights just stunning. Can you image having those lights in your yard..lol
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

Seems like we need something more to read here lately so I will finish my TR. I wrote this all up in my blog so I am just pasting from there. I won't have pictures as I haven't put any of them onto the web yet. You can always check my bog out if you really need pictures.

Epcot January 5 Monday

This is the day I was waiting to show you pictures from. It was a magical evening for this mommy.

Today is our day for Epcot. We knew we wanted to see Soarin? first this year. So when we got in we headed there and got fast passes. We then went to Nemo and Friends and then on to Turtle talk with Crush. I think the Nemo ride is lame but DS4 loved that one, he liked sitting in "clams," (imagine little arms making clam shells when he says this) and I wasn't as keen on Crush this time either. I am not sure if I was just in an off mood or what. But I was glad to do them. We still had time to kill so we went to the autograph place in Epcot and got Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald. It was nice to have them done. Then it was on to Soarin?. I liked it but it just wasn?t as cool as I had got myself to believe it was. Everyone else loved it so I think it was just one of those I built it up to much in my own head. We were getting hungry so we went to France and grabbed 6 different treats to share. They were good. The kids were starting to get crabby so we decided to head back for a nap after we used our fast passes for Test Track that Ben had gotten earlier. At this point DD6 learned it was fast and became a wreck. She really is a wimp at rides. She started to fall apart. I felt like a bad parent making her go but we both knew she would really enjoy it. Afterwards she looked at us and said, ?that was it??

Ben and I took the kids back for naps while the inlaws stuck behind to see the World. They were to meet up with us at dinner. We all fell asleep immediately and felt refreshed when we woke. We got ready for our dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. This is probably the most elaborate and fancy hotel in WDW. It was dinner with Cinderella, the Prince, the sisters and the Step Mother! I had heard they can put on a pretty good show so I was excited. I will save you the details but we had a very hard time getting to the resort and it ended up taking an hour and 10 minutes to get there. Luckily we left with plenty of time and still made our reservation. We met my inlaws there and then went in to eat. (I again forgot the pillowcases so no Cinderella autograph. I could have kicked myself.) Right away we met the prince. Then we got our food, it is buffet style here. Not soon after they had a dance. Anastasia asked DS4 to come out and dance with her. Now this was funny because earlier he had said he was going to take his knife and be a pirate. But he went and I actually got a video of them dancing. After wards she kissed him and came over to talk to him. She actually came over a few times and the staff were joking about their both having red hair. It was fun for DS4 to have so much attention. Originally I had thought this was a dinner choice for DD6 but she really didn't care about Cinderella and DS4 stole the show. DS4 was smitten. He was sure he was going to marry her. He kept saying the one sister was good and the other was bad. She came back by and said that DS4 let her know right away before their dance that he was "not a real prince." She thought that was so sweet. In the picture with the kiss he is looking up at the wicked step mother who is asking him if her daughter kissed him. DS4 was very frightened of her. She never broke character and we all thought she was great, while Ethan, being 4, believed she was very evil. We met the other characters but everything paled when compared to DS4's crush on Anastasia and all the attention from her.

It was a GREAT night.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Disney Day 6
    January 6 Tuesday

Today was a free day! I thought we could lounge around, maybe go swimming and then that evening we had dinner reservations at BOMA in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I was very excited about this! Here?s the thing. We all loved Hollywood Studios so much that we decided to go back so we could ride Toy Story Mania AGAIN! YIPPEE. SO we got up and actually made a rope drop! We sent Ben to the front to run like the wind for fast passes. They have a short little act before they drop the rope and we all run like wild animals to our area of interest. Most were running the same place we were. Ben got in a fast pass line and we got in the regular stand by line. It moved so fast that we actually had to send Martha and Gordon in with the kids while I hung back waiting for Ben to get our fast passes. I guess what had happened is his machine broke down! Anyway we got fast passes and Ben and I jumped into line. We hadn?t rode a ride together yet so I was excited! It was a blast as usual! We then caught up with our group and headed to Star Tours so Martha and Gordon could take Alicia again. While they did that we watched the Jedi Training. Then we went to get fast passes for Rock ?n? Roller Coaster, RNRC. I grabbed them and jumped in the single rider line. love this ride! After I found my crowd we went back across the land to Toy Story Mania. I didn?t do as good this time but it was till a blast. We had Gordon and Ben ride together because they had gotten the best scores so far, this was their scores. We wish this could be a wii game somehow. Next Gordon, Martha and I went to RNRC. We somehow got the magic seats of the first car and I even got first row! It was AMAZING! I actually got off this one and felt a bit queasy, that is how good those seats are. I ended up buying the pictures they take of you on a ride at the end. I have never done that but this picture was so good. Martha looked stricken and Gordon is staring at her, I on the other hand have a look of glee. Such a great ride, have I mentioned that. I think I could be a thrill junkie.

We then headed back and got ready for our early dinner at BOMA!

BOMA was great. I had never been to this lodge and was really looking forward to it. It did not disappoint and the little store there is great. So much better then any other resort store. We shopped and then decided we would come back after dinner. The restaurant is a buffet but the food is Amazing. It is African flavors and everything tasted so good. I think all 6 of us thought this was one of the best. A definite do again. We then went outside to there patio area and looked at the animals. What fun. After this it was back to the store where Martha and I both bought some things! (by the way, those desserts were so good so I took a picture. Doesn't that look gooood?)

I think I would like to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge if we ever return to WDW. It really was incredible there. Here is a random picture of the rocking chairs outside. They were really tall and cool looking. And they were everywhere for people to sit and watch the animals.

At this point it felt like every day was going to be another great day!
    <Sunshine Rewards