Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney Movie Club letter

Default Disney Movie Club letter

Has anyone else gotten a letter from the Disney Movie Club about credit card information that was stolen from them? We had a slew of fraudulent charges on our statement about 6 or 8 weeks ago. I know there was a lot of discussion on the DIS at the time because it seemed to be happening to a lot of us. I wonder if this is the common link?

I haven't yet - Did you get it today? They did send us a new video and automatically charged our card but the expiration date has since changed so I wonder what they will do about for the next time. I like the club and plan on keeping it for now. Just 2 more required videos to buy then I'll see what I want to do afterwards.
    Sunshine Rewards

Yes, it just came in the mail today. I just thought it was a coincidense that so many of us had CC problems and many of us have probably signed up for the club.

We didn't have extra Disney Movie Club charges on our credit card. It was all kinds of other stuff though and a lot of it!!

I have not received anything. I better go check my statement online! Scary stuff----thanks for the heads up!

Edit---Well, there are no charges on the card that I used to join the club. HOW does something like this happen? I'm confuzzled.
    Last edited by January; 07-09-2007 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by January View Post
    I have not received anything. I better go check my statement online! Scary stuff----thanks for the heads up!

Edit---Well, there are no charges on the card that I used to join the club. HOW does something like this happen? I'm confuzzled.
    Well, unfortunately some people just have too much time on their hands and in this case someone got greedy and sold people's credit card numbers to make a buck. Unbelievable, huh?

I got my letter today but I have had no fraud on my credit card. thank goodness. My husband already thinks I am loopy for doing these programs and if we had fraud I would have to stop. But I signe dup for Disney Movie Clubs years ago so not through SR.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Oooh..I'll have to be sure to check my mail tomorrow, but I signed up via mail years ago and have not given them a credit card number.......I don't think!
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

I got that letter too! Though I did not sign up for it through here, I did it a couple of years ago! No charges on my card though, I check it once a week, to keep up with things like that!!
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

I haven't rec'd the letter. No fraudulent charged on my card.

Secretly hoping Tricia comes back from the summit with good news for those of us who signed up in May & never got credit. I hope Cindy cornered the sponsor good!
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

I did not get that letter. But we did have to cancel our original Disney Visa because of fraudulent charges on it a few months ago, when other people were having trouble. AND I did have a membership in the Disney movie club. That could be where the problems started. I will be looking for that letter.

Angela
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards