Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney Movie Club letter

I also received one from Disney Movie Club yesterday saying that my information had possibly been stolen. Soon after my bank called me and told me that visa had notified them of a compromise of my account info. The bank is issuing a new card number. I have not noticed any fraudulent charges yet fortunately. Everyone that has signed up for Disney Movie club should probably be on the lookout just in case.

Sunshine Rewards

That's really scary about Disney Movie Club. Did it happen to say whether it was Disney itself who had the problem or a third party that does the offer for them?

I was really unimpressed by the people who we ran this offer through and will not be running any big offers through them ever again. They didn't even stay at the summit more than one day because they decided to go on a cruise. They had no business experience at all. In fact, the combined ages of the 3 people there was about 60. Maybe less. I'm not optimistic that they are doing anything at this point. But I do know that they care that they are losing a lot of traffic. Hopefully that is enough to make them fix it.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

It was a third party, I don't recall the name though. Maybe someone else still has there letter and could give the name.

Lydia
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

It was a third party. I can't remember the name, but it was a company who sends the movies out for them.

The part to me that was scary and didn't make sense was that the person(s) sold the credit card information to a federal law enforcement agency.

Exactly, and this makes you wonder was it the first time or had they been doing this before!
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

And why is a federal law enforcement agency buying credit card numbers anyway???????

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Do you really have to ask what our govenment does behind our backs becasue they are privlaged? They do it because they can.

Kim
    ________
    Love Quotes Forums
    Last edited by kimntrent; 05-08-2011 at 07:15 AM.

We got our letters yesterday in the mail...seriously this credit card fraud is just unbelieveable!! Between NOTHING being safe (CC#s, SS#s, etc.) and then all of the companies that are charging our cards whenever they feel like just makes me lose sleep!

I've heard that there are a lot of secret chatrooms where people sell CC information and that the government basically sits in them and waits to be approached so that they can nail the people. But they have to act like they are buying the info first. Don't know if this was anything like that or not.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I've heard that there are a lot of secret chatrooms where people sell CC information and that the government basically sits in them and waits to be approached so that they can nail the people. But they have to act like they are buying the info first. Don't know if this was anything like that or not.
    There's a thread on the DIS about this too and someone made mention to it being an FBI sting operation.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member