Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ~Kathie's NYC Broadway Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    I live 40 minutes or so from the city by train and I think you have done more already in your weekend than I ever have in my whole life!! Sounds like I better get to the city soon!
    When you are in the city that never sleeps........you tend not to sleep. We were going to make the most of our short trip. I would have liked to see more of Central Park and maybe have gone to a summer concert there. Next time.

I forgot to mention that Good Morning America has had it's Summer Concert Series every Friday most of the time in Bryant Park. The Friday we were there was Donny & Marie Osmond. We had the tickets for the Waterfall tour so we missed it. If I have know we would see the waterfalls from the Staten Island Ferry....I would have blown off the boat trip in a NY minute and gone to see Donnie and Marie!

I love the city. We are getting pretty good using the Metro to get where we want to be. Once we figured out how to get there and what route to take...it was pretty easy.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by pbhall13 View Post
    yeah Kathie

so glad you are doing a TR of you NYC trip........we hope to head there in the next month of so (I really want to see Wicked)........we may take my cousin for her 40th!!
    I saw Wicked in RI at the Providence Performing Arts. It was terrific. South Pacific just opened and it is getting great reviews. Whoopi Goldberg is starring in Xanadu for a while. I would have loved to have seen her.

Hope you have a great time.

I finally got a chance to sit and read your trip report Kathie. Sounds like you had a great time. DD and I can't wait to go back there. You did many of the things I'd like to do when we go. When we took dd last spring we went with friends and went more for the American Girls store than anything else. We did have a great time, but weren't there long enough to see a show, unfortunately. When we went, we also stayed at the Hampton Inn, and loved the location, so we would do that again if possible. Have you ever had the opportunity to eat at Ellen's Stardust Diner? It is across the street from the Cosmic Diner. What a blast. That dinner was just dd and me, and we had a blast there.

Thanks for all the great info and the great report!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    Have you ever had the opportunity to eat at Ellen's Stardust Diner? It is across the street from the Cosmic Diner. What a blast. That dinner was just dd and me, and we had a blast there.

Thanks for all the great info and the great report!
    We haven't been there but we saw it on the way back to the hotel from the World of Disney. It was before they opened on Monday (around 11am) and there was quite a line. Looked like an interesting place. I'll look into it for next time.

I am researching Conway tours for November. They have a special with bus, hotel and the Rockettes show. The hotel is in NJ......but it's inexpensive and includes breakfast, so we might just go with that. They head to the hotel at 6:30 pm but will come back to get anyone who wants to stay later in the city.

I'd LOVE to take DD to the city to see the Rockettes at the holidays. I have never seen them either. If you find a really good deal let me know!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I'd LOVE to take DD to the city to see the Rockettes at the holidays. I have never seen them either. If you find a really good deal let me know!!!
    I would also be interested in that as well Kathie.

My girls and I love NYC. Our next trip with be to American Girl (we haven't been there in a couple of years, so the girls want to go back and do a lunch there)

And I would really like to do it just before or after christmas.....nothing like NYC for the holidays.

pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Maybe we should plan an SR trip!!!!

Pamela how old are your girls? I think I knew at one time, but have forgotten.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by pbhall13 View Post
    I would also be interested in that as well Kathie.

My girls and I love NYC. Our next trip with be to American Girl (we haven't been there in a couple of years, so the girls want to go back and do a lunch there)

And I would really like to do it just before or after christmas.....nothing like NYC for the holidays.

pamela

So true Pam12 Nothing like NYC for the holidays. I saw the Rockettes 2 years ago. It was fantastic. I try to go back every year for the holidays and then in the spring. Usually a girl's weekend. Last year and so far this year I haven't been able to go. Looking forward to it. I have never been in American Girl. Sounds nice.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Maybe we should plan an SR trip!!!!

Pamela how old are your girls? I think I knew at one time, but have forgotten.
    Girls are 8 (9 in novemeber) and 5. Both are crazy into AG. Especially older one! She plays with her dolls everyday!

pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Kathie! I love the report! I am so jealous that you can do these weekend trips to places I just dream about going to do someday! What fun you had.
    <Sunshine Rewards