Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Merchant Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Actually....that might not be all that hard. You have given me something to ponder!!
    Always happy to create more work for someone! (At least that is what my kids tell me when they say they're bored and have nothing to do!)
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I completely agree. I know you have had to watch it here so we were offending anyone, but I haven't felt like I could trust some of the positive stuff said about the merchants because that's all there is.

It might make merchants mad, but a good business would use the feedback to improve. Kind of a free way for them to get a feel for what their customers really want. And it allows the opportunity for those who do good to shine.

When I read reviews on other sites I can pretty easily weed people out who are negative Nellies about everything so they're never going to be happy with their purchase/product.

yes, yes & yes. I definately read the ratings before ordering, have left ratings and appreciate seeing the feedback of a merchant from others who have used them before.
    Sunshine Rewards

I definitely use the rating system. I have left feedback on almost all my shopping orders. My only concern is that you cannot see why the merchant is rated that way. I recently gave a two star rating to a merchant based on their shipping. The items I ordered were in stock and it stated on the webpage they would ship in 24 hours and arrive in 3-7 business days. Well, they didn't and it took almost three weeks for them to arrive. The tracking info was of no use since nothing was ever recorded. I think this is the kind of info SR members would like to have.

Quote Originally Posted by kayjo View Post
    I definitely use the rating system. I have left feedback on almost all my shopping orders. My only concern is that you cannot see why the merchant is rated that way. I recently gave a two star rating to a merchant based on their shipping. The items I ordered were in stock and it stated on the webpage they would ship in 24 hours and arrive in 3-7 business days. Well, they didn't and it took almost three weeks for them to arrive. The tracking info was of no use since nothing was ever recorded. I think this is the kind of info SR members would like to have.
    I agree - I would definitely be interested in this kind of detailed info. I'm very good at weeding out the one time problems that any business can endure, but when you see the same comments about the same problems, I'd really love to know about it ahead of time so I could make an informed decision.

I would LOVE the ability to leave verbal feedback with my merchant ratings (and yes, I do leave ratings). I'm also curious about how well a merchant credits SR shoppers, so I'd like that feedback in addition to the customer service/shipping/product quality feedback. I want it all, don't I?! LOL!!!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by jl8595 View Post
    I agree - I would definitely be interested in this kind of detailed info. I'm very good at weeding out the one time problems that any business can endure, but when you see the same comments about the same problems, I'd really love to know about it ahead of time so I could make an informed decision.

I would LOVE the ability to leave verbal feedback with my merchant ratings (and yes, I do leave ratings). I'm also curious about how well a merchant credits SR shoppers, so I'd like that feedback in addition to the customer service/shipping/product quality feedback. I want it all, don't I?! LOL!!!
    Ditto everything you said for me too!!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Exactly!!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

I agree - I would definitely be interested in this kind of detailed info. I'm very good at weeding out the one time problems that any business can endure, but when you see the same comments about the same problems, I'd really love to know about it ahead of time so I could make an informed decision. Yes, having that kind of information would be very interesting. There are times that I will just go to the store and buy an item because I am not sure that it will arrive in time for when I need it. But, if I could read reviews that alot of others have ordered items from a particular company and that they are shipped and received in time, then I would be more inclined to order from that company.

I'm also curious about how well a merchant credits SR shoppers, so I'd like that feedback in addition to the customer service/shipping/product quality feedback. I want it all, don't I?! LOL!!!
    I would love to be able to see if others have had trouble receiving credits. Besides price, the other two factors in deciding if I am going to order something online is the ability to receive credit and free shipping.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    I would love to be able to see if others have had trouble receiving credits. Besides price, the other two factors in deciding if I am going to order something online is the ability to receive credit and free shipping.

I agree with wanting to know if merchants are crediting well prior to purchasing. But I can see a potential downside to that if the crediting issue is one that has been corrected- would we necessarily know? If maybe there was some issue on the merchants side that was corrected through contact with Tricia/ Cindy/ Angie. Or if they were given a bad rating for not crediting, but later credited through a TT...would that rating be updated?
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I agree with what every one else has said.

First I do rate every every place (or almost everyone) that I've bought from. I based it on the ease of website navigation, customer service, shipping etc.
    I really don't look at it when I'm looking to buy unless it's someone newer or one I've never heard before.

i'm not worried about getting credit as much bc 9 times out of 10 it'll come through even if it's through a TT. All of my shopping (knock on wood) only ONCE did I not receive credit, so I think my odds are pretty good
    Sunshine Rewards