Thread: Cell Phones

Default Cell Phones

my ds wants a cell phone and i have some questions. which merchant on sr has the best deal on cell phones and can you just buy a cell phone or do you have to get service at the same time? he is 19 and wants to be responsible for paying the bill but if i can get him a good deal on the cell phone that would be great. any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

You can buy just a cell phone but you really need to know which service provider you want for your cell service because a Verizon-compatible phone is not compatible with AT&T service and so on. Also the price for just the phone is really high - you get discounts when you sign contracts which make these phones "affordable". I would just talk to the people you already have a cell phone thru so that your calls back and forth won't count against your monthly minutes.
    Sunshine Rewards

for your input - it is really helpful. my ds was actually thinking about getting a "gophone" and actually went down to walmart this morning to check this out. as far as my cell phone provider, i don't think i have to worry about calls going back and forth and counting against my minutes as ds wants a totally different provider from me. again

I think what Catherine's saying is if you have Verizon (for example) and he gets his own Verizon contract, you can call one another without it counting against your minutes. Most of my family has the same service provider - we call each other frequently and get more bang for our buck.

If he's not looking for a contract type phone/plan, I've heard tracphone is pretty good as far as prepaid phones go. I think you can get it through Target, but I'm not sure if you can order any of them online.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

i'll have him check into that. have a great day.