Thread: Restaurant.com

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Default Restaurant.com

Just a note about Restaurant.com restaurants...not the company itself that I love!

Ordered a few GC when they had a big sale...went to use one of 3 that I got for a local pizza place tonight. Signs everywhere that they no longer accept them! UGH...My $13 dollar dinner ($3 for the GC and $10 extra bc you had to buy $35 worth of food) turned into a $50 plus tip dinner because I couldn't leave at that point - it was getting late and at 5:30 on a Friday it wasn't worth driving somewhere else - everybody was starving)!

I emailed Restaurants.com as soon as I got home and I will receive a credit so that is not the problem. I just wanted to let you all know to check BEFORE you leave the house to double check the restaurant! I should have know when I went to print it off tonight and it was no longer listed on the site! My mistake...

Again LOVE the restaurant.com people and they will do right by me I am sure...just wanted to make you aware what could happen.
    Sunshine Rewards

Ugh, sorry that happened!

I still have $25 credit that I got with my Entertainment Book (that I bought through SR last year, so it does have something to do with SR!), just sitting there waiting for me to go somewhere. I first got a $25 certificate for a place I wanted to try, but waited too long and their site informed me (sign up as a member and you get emails when they stop accepting the certificates!!!). I chose another place, again waited too long, and I was informed that that place didn't take it anymore. Now there's nothing left that I actually want, so I have it split into 2 $10 and a $5, with places I don't really want to eat at.

So I know a version of your pain, though not obviously the financial pain that you experienced.
    Sunshine Rewards

I wonder if it's a restaurant by restaurant option as to whether to honor them? I bought one a while ago from one of our favorite places. I went back a couple of days later to buy another one and they weren't listed anymore. When we used the certificate, we had no problem. I wish they'd be listed again, as I'd buy more than 1 next time. I keep watching though.

Good to know to check with the restuarant before planning on using one there. Thanks.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post

I still have $25 credit that I got with my Entertainment Book (that I bought through SR last year, so it does have something to do with SR!), just sitting there waiting for me to go somewhere. I first got a $25 certificate for a place I wanted to try, but waited too long and their site informed me (sign up as a member and you get emails when they stop accepting the certificates!!!). I chose another place, again waited too long, and I was informed that that place didn't take it anymore. Now there's nothing left that I actually want, so I have it split into 2 $10 and a $5, with places I don't really want to eat at.

So I know a version of your pain, though not obviously the financial pain that you experienced.
    Remember to check places if you are going on vacation too. When Tricia and I went to Vegas last year, we were able to use some at the hotel we stayed at, that was awesome.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post

I am a member but got no such notice.

Quote Originally Posted by piglet-for-me View Post
    I wonder if it's a restaurant by restaurant option as to whether to honor them? I bought one a while ago from one of our favorite places. I went back a couple of days later to buy another one and they weren't listed anymore. When we used the certificate, we had no problem. I wish they'd be listed again, as I'd buy more than 1 next time. I keep watching though.

Good to know to check with the restuarant before planning on using one there. Thanks.
    I think it is the restaurant's choice. There used to be a place in the town I work and one day it wasn't listed. It had new owners and they didn't want to participate.
    Sunshine Rewards