Thread: Buy.com

Default Buy.com

How does this merchant work? I'm looking to buy a GPS (Garmin 760) and they have several prices on their website from several different vendors. Do we get credits for any of the stores we buy from through the buy.com site or just buy.com itself?

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

The credit comes from buy.com itself (I believe). They're essentially a gathering place of mulitple stores. You pick the best price (or the merchant you feel most comfortable ordering from if they list the merchant's name - they don't always) and order. Some of their merchants are very well known (like Adorama Camera) and others are smaller brick & mortar stores that seem to use buy.com to get their name out there. Either way, I've had very good luck and my credit came through when I ordered. Good luck!!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by jl8595 View Post
    The credit comes from buy.com itself (I believe). They're essentially a gathering place of mulitple stores. You pick the best price (or the merchant you feel most comfortable ordering from if they list the merchant's name - they don't always) and order. Some of their merchants are very well known (like Adorama Camera) and others are smaller brick & mortar stores that seem to use buy.com to get their name out there. Either way, I've had very good luck and my credit came through when I ordered. Good luck!!
    I've had the same good luck as Lori with this merchant. I've bought a nice digital camera, video games, DVDs, memory cards, and mp3 players as far as I can remember. I think once the credit didn't come through but that was over the Christmas shopping season when I was probabaly searching a lot of sites for coupons and didn't clear cookies first. I've been very happy with them.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate you telling me about your experiences since I have never shopped Buy.com before.

It's going to be a Christmas present so I'm going to watch for specials and see if prices come down AND (MORE Importantly) wait so it credits next quarter.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I think google checkout causes some problems so don't use it when you check out with buy.com. I've never ordered but my dad has and they shipped fast and we had no problems with the tv he bought me.
    Sunshine Rewards