Thread: Beach Recommendations??

Default Beach Recommendations??

Does anyone have a Beach Recommendation that is nice to visit? We will be going to Disney World in a few days and thought that we would take a day or two to visit the beach while we are there. Last time we stayed at Cocoa Beach and it was not very crowded at all. Any place you could recommend or any hotels near the beach area that are clean and safe?
    Thanks a bunch!!
    Trish-
    Earning my way to Disney!

Sunshine Rewards

Do you like the ocean or the Gulf?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Depends on the route you are taking to get to WDW. I love Destin and the surrounding panhandle beaches. They have the beautiful white sand and blue water. Other favorite beaches of mine are around the Clearlake area. I went to the Jacksonville beach a few years ago and was not impressed. It was too rocky for my tastes with brown water and brown sand.
    Sunshine Rewards

Really we have no preference at this time, as far as Ocean or Gulf goes. We have been to Ocean (Cocoa Beach) but its been a few years ago and also been to Gulf(Texas) few years ago as well. I did read on DIS that there was a great place on Gulf side, I think it is a State Park or something like that. But can't find that info now. We will be driving down and most likely coming in from the gulf side but if there is a place worth visiting we are willing to drive some extra miles. We mainly just want a nice, clean beach for some relaxing time. And maybe a nice hotel nearby to spend a night or two. Thanks.
    Trish-
    Earning my way to Disney!

Sunshine Rewards

My favorite is Clearwater Beach. Haven't been in years, so I can't really offer a hotel. There are zillions, though. Very beautiful beach.

Hulk Hogan used to live there and when we were there we saw him in a restaurant

Doesn't take much to thrill me, I guess!