Thread: Sunshine Rewards Member Reviews of TracFone

Default Sunshine Rewards Member Reviews of TracFone

Have you shopped at TracFone? If you have, please leave a review below. Reviews should be as detailed as possible and may show up on the merchant page for TracFone at Sunshine Rewards.

Shop TracFone at Sunshine Rewards for the best coupons, discounts, and cash back.

Thumbs up Tracfone review

Very inexpensive prepaid cell phone, if you don't use a lot of minutes, like me. Their promo offers change around, but you can usually get a phone + 60 minutes bundle that's good for 90 days of service, for $19.99. This month (Feb. '09), it's also shipped free*. (Sometimes they run even better offers, so I check their site for promotions, monthly.) It's a pretty good deal, if you just want to check out their service or provide a phone for someone for emergencies, without spending a big initial amount, or having a monthly bill.

And you can add minutes, anytime, for around $20 per 60 minutes. Or, if you buy larger increments like 120 minutes, it's cheaper per minute.

Their coverage is great ~ I've had a tracfone for over 4 yrs., & have never seen the word "Roaming" on its screen (like I often did with the service I had before). I've also never had trouble with being out of range for service ~ except for once, at a retreat in an extremely rural location, where nobody else's cell phone was working, either.

My experience with their customer service isn't stellar, I'm sorry to say. It usually entails a very long phone call, with a lot of being on 'hold'. But, luckily, I don't need to call them very often! And most of what one can do by calling them can also be done, online. Whenever I've called their customer service, I've found the service reps to usually have a foreign accent, but they've been mostly understandable, & they've always been very polite & patient. (Usually, I have no trouble with accents, but sometimes they have a hard time understanding mine!) ; )

At first, I had trouble understanding the minutes + service time aspect of using their service, & kept having to run out, on the spur of the moment, & buy a minutes card because my service time was expiring. But that was because I was disorganized & would get lulled into thinking it would last indefinitely, because the service time comes in 90-day increments. But when I started treating it like a monthly bill & checking for deals on their site, ahead of time, it became much easier to track, and cheaper, to boot!

They have a monthly plan, too, but I've never explored that, since I'm happy with what I have.

*Quote from bottom of Tracfone Shopping Cart page: "Free Ground (3 Day) Shipping when you buy a phone, phone bundle (phone + airtime card) over $19.99. This offer is only available with the purchase of any phones and/or phone & airtime card bundle through February 28, 2009."