Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: WW friendly recipes

Dinner mystery for tonight is solved.... I am going to make those Asian Wraps listed above. I'll let you know how it turns out.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Glad this thread helped. I had the same dilemma yesterday and went with the Cheeseburger and Fry casserole.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

New recipe!! I am going to make it next week but I'm going to cut everything in half and just make 2 servings. I'm also going to use imitation crab since that is what I have in the freezer already.

Crabmeat Salad in a Cantaloupe Bowl
    Weight Watchers Recipe

Course: main meals
    PointsPlus™ Value: 8
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 20 min
    Cooking Time: 0 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

This succulent crabmeat salad is neatly served in an edible bowl. The sweet melon provides a lovely complement to the slightly-spiced crab mixture.

Ingredients
    1/2 cup(s) reduced-calorie mayonnaise
    2 medium scallion(s), finely chopped
    2 Tbsp ketchup
    2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
    2 Tbsp sweet red pepper(s), minced or finely chopped
    1 Tbsp onion(s), minced or finely chopped
    1 Tbsp parsley, fresh, minced or finely chopped
    1 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
    1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
    1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
    1 pound(s) lump crabmeat, fresh, picked over to remove any shells
    2 small cantaloupe, halved and seeded
    1 Tbsp chives, fresh, finely chopped
    Instructions

Place mayonnaise, scallions, ketchup, lemon juice, red pepper, onion, parsley, relish, mustard and salt in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth (add a touch of water to obtain a thinner dressing consistency, if desired).

Put crabmeat in a medium bowl and toss with mayonnaise mixture (add as much or as little as desired).

Slice a sliver off the bottom of each melon half so it will sit flat on a plate; spoon about 1 cup of crabmeat salad into each half, garnish with chives and serve. Yields half a filled melon per serving.

Notes

Shrimp or lobster can easily be substituted for the crabmeat if preferred.
    Also, in the reviews someone subbed fat free cream cheese instead of the mayo to cut the calories a little more.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Not sure if I posted this one before or not (maybe I blogged it) but it is Mike and I's new favorite weekend lunch (behind the KF See you later Bowl)

Slow cook 3 chicken breasts in diet coke on low for 6-8 hours. Drain off diet coke and shred chicken. Measure out how much chicken you want in each wrap and put into a bowl with 1/4 cup pineapple and 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce. Mix and place in microwave for 45 seconds. Transfer to Mission Tortilla Whole Wheat Low Carb fajita sized shells and eat! Also tastes really good with a half slice of cheese and grilled onions.
    I am making this tonight!

I have a new recipe for you but I need to get my notes. I combined 2 recipes into one and made a low fat Creamed Kale & Spinach side dish this week. Very yummy.

I also made Hungry Girl's BBQ Chicken and Apple slow cooked meal and I'd give it a 3 out of 5. I think I'm just not in the mood for mushy slow cooked food right now.
    Sunshine Rewards

I joined last month and have found so many great dinner recipes!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Ok. Here is creamed spinach/kale/other greens

6 cups greens (preferably cooked but if not just boil for 5ish minutes) or just use a frozen box or two. Squeeze out as much water as possible.

Saute minced garlic and onions (optional)

add in greens and saute another minute or two

add in 2/3 cup skim milk & 2 tsp flour

add in 2oz of cream cheese

once melted take off the burner and add in 1/4 c parmesean cheese.

It is delicious and a great way to use up week old spinach.
    Sunshine Rewards