Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disneyworld and Bottled Water

Last year we did Garden grocer. It was a great service and nice to have the munchies in our room. I'd do them again if needed.
    Sunshine Rewards

When we went the first time we brought 4 suite cases full of water! Not easy to get to airport!, Then we Orderd from staples, That had Free Shipping on water then. Now we will be Ordering again from staples, just ordering $50 in water to get our free shipping. It will be 5 people for 15 days so we figured based on size of water and how much we drink a day at the parks it we would need about 8-9 Cases which brings us right to the magic $50 mark but if we had a much shorter trip we might have just packed our own, or added extras to our staples order!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

We ordered from Staples last month. Even paying for shipping, $14 for a case beats the equivalent of $48 for a case paying $2 per bottle.

Next time we are driving from the Clearwater airport so will stop at a store and buy some provisions before returning the car at Downtown Disney.

I used Garden Grocer last December when we also needed other items including soda, fresh fruit, muffins etc. -- very good service and the delivery charge was reasonable for a large order.
    I just used Staples this past week when DH & I got away to POR for our first trip without kids in 9 years I teach part time at a college and registered for teachers rewards (no verification needed - you can use the # immediately) so I still received free shipping with no minimum. Water was there waiting for us. Word of advice with Staples though - I had a scare with them - my package was suppose to be delivered last Friday (according to the site by 5pm) as of 9 pm it was still showing in transit - I called Staples and was told that they have independent couriers in Florida and that they are often unreliable and that I would probably not get the order till Monday. I asked them to cancel it as I was only going from Sun to Wed and if it came late on Monday 1/2 the trip would be over. Turns out the courier showed up at POR at Midnight! (lucky for me the cancellation hadn't gone through!) Next time I would request delivery on Thursday so I had another day to play with!

Quote Originally Posted by elsabear View Post
    I used Garden Grocer last December when we also needed other items including soda, fresh fruit, muffins etc. -- very good service and the delivery charge was reasonable for a large order.
    I just used Staples this past week when DH & I got away to POR for our first trip without kids in 9 years I teach part time at a college and registered for teachers rewards (no verification needed - you can use the # immediately) so I still received free shipping with no minimum. Water was there waiting for us. Word of advice with Staples though - I had a scare with them - my package was suppose to be delivered last Friday (according to the site by 5pm) as of 9 pm it was still showing in transit - I called Staples and was told that they have independent couriers in Florida and that they are often unreliable and that I would probably not get the order till Monday. I asked them to cancel it as I was only going from Sun to Wed and if it came late on Monday 1/2 the trip would be over. Turns out the courier showed up at POR at Midnight! (lucky for me the cancellation hadn't gone through!) Next time I would request delivery on Thursday so I had another day to play with!

Oh I'm so glad to hear about the teacher program still having free shipping. That's what my membership is anyways! yea. Looks like I can still order water through staples and have free shipping!!
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

Has anyone boxed their water and check it as luggage?

Quote Originally Posted by lisaoh View Post
    Has anyone boxed their water and check it as luggage?
    I have loaded Several suite cases to to 50lb max limit!
    Just make sure they are bottled watter with a strong bottle and cap or they will leak under their own weight!

Yes you can check it in as luggage!

It was funny watching the tsa agent lift this little bag that had 47lb of water in it, I think it suprised him!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Has anyone ordered water from Office Depot and had it shipped to their resort?
    TTFN, Marianne
    Sunshine Rewards
    DD17 DS11 1/2
    My brother Tom (September 26, 1965 - December 4, 2007) always in our hearts. We miss you Tommy!
    I miss you Mom! September 20, 1931 - October 3, 2011

Will the pain ever go away? We still miss you every day!

I always use staples for my water delivery (try to order it a week out from your arrival date (that way it will be there for you and the front desk of your hotel will hold it for you)

I was also going to mention the teacher rewards card.....that is what I do (sometimes it is a pain ordering on line so I have had to forgo SR credit and just order using 800#)

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Ordered thru Costco, in May. Just checked price. You can get 24 count 1/2 liter, shipped, for $7.80. Had it delivered to our hotel POFQ. Of course, it turned out that Disney had the little 8oz bottles and they worked better for DD10 carrying hers in her baggallini. She is a Kool Aid drinker and she was the big reason I wanted the water. So, we left water.