Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there a mental disorder called hotelpickophobia

Default Is there a mental disorder called hotelpickophobia

It started with WDW-where do I stay if I'm venturing beyond Dixie Landings/POR? Now it's Vegas, it's gone beyond "there's a code for NYNY," it's onto "Is the Mirage really the best choice? Will A hate it? Would she prefer Paris? Maybe I should listen to DSIL and reconsider the Venetian. I wonder where B stayed last week..."
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

LOL! Yes, this is a true disorder...at least for me.

Just picking a hotel for a business trip is a multi-hour/day adventure! Trip Advisor is my friend.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

I, too,, have the same mental disorder. If you are going to Vegas, I can tell you that I don't think you'll go wrong with the Venitian. It's wonderul. NYNY was under renovations and it was a MESS! Paris is nice, but nothing compared to the Venitian.

That reminds me, I never finished my TR.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Blessing and Miracle View Post
    I, too,, have the same mental disorder. If you are going to Vegas, I can tell you that I don't think you'll go wrong with the Venitian. It's wonderul. NYNY was under renovations and it was a MESS! Paris is nice, but nothing compared to the Venitian.

That reminds me, I never finished my TR.
    I was going to make a "I'm sending my friend a planning e-mail, gosh some more vegas info would be nice" post, but figured things have got to be crazy enough at the Lisa's at the moment.

We're currently at the Mirage-I'm holding out to see what discounts come out soon, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I was going to make a "I'm sending my friend a planning e-mail, gosh some more vegas info would be nice" post, but figured things have got to be crazy enough at the Lisa's at the moment.

We're currently at the Mirage-I'm holding out to see what discounts come out soon, though.
    Oh, I don't mind at all. Anything you need I'll be happy to help you! Thankfully, It's been kinda quite on our front.
    Sunshine Rewards

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

Oh, the Venetian is wonderful!!! My favorite if I have lots of money to spend on hotel.

I also love the Mirage. I usually try to get a strip view.

I have never stayed at Paris, but have always wanted to. I think a fountain view of the Bellagio would be so romantic.

My other favorite place to stay is Caesar's Palace.

Two places I would never stay at again is Planet Hollywood and Bellagio. Resorts themselves are nice, but the rooms are blah, boring, nothing to them.

My brother just got back a couple months ago from staying at NYNY. He loved the hotel, but complained about construction. I would stay away from it if I were you. There are definitely just as nice (or nicer) places to stay without construction.

If you have any other questions about resorts, feel free to PM me. I have been to Vegas LOTS (way more that I should - LOL) and have stayed in many of the hotels - at all price levels.
    Last edited by disneyforever; 09-03-2008 at 02:50 AM. Reason: spelling - as usual
    Elaine

"Is there a mental disorder called hotelpickophobia"
    Heather....you always come up with the best words!

I also have that phobia. It is hard to pick. It drives me crazy.

Good luck with your picking!
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Just noticed this thread....Heather you crack me up!!!

I definately have this disorder!!!!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Looks like we're switching to NYNY due to a new code. Lexie ok'd it, as we're saving money, but wanted to make sure we could change it.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyforever View Post
    Oh, the Venetian is wonderful!!! My favorite if I have lots of money to spend on hotel.

I also love the Mirage. I usually try to get a strip view.

I have never stayed at Paris, but have always wanted to. I think a fountain view of the Bellagio would be so romantic.

My other favorite place to stay is Caesar's Palace.

Two places I would never stay at again is Planet Hollywood and Bellagio. Resorts themselves are nice, but the rooms are blah, boring, nothing to them.

My brother just got back a couple months ago from staying at NYNY. He loved the hotel, but complained about construction. I would stay away from it if I were you. There are definitely just as nice (or nicer) places to stay without construction.

If you have any other questions about resorts, feel free to PM me. I have been to Vegas LOTS (way more that I should - LOL) and have stayed in many of the hotels - at all price levels.
    Really, my room at Planet Hollywood was fabulous. Our bathroom was huge and had a big step tub and the all glass shower was as big as my closet at home. The bed was comfortable, the rooms were immaculate and roomy. I stayed there last year and if I were going back to the strip, that is where I would want to stay. DO NOT stay at the Rio, it sucks.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.