Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok all you Disney addicts....

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    OK, I've never eaten at Planet Hollywood. What do people think. What size GC would I need for a family of 3 (dd is 10).

I've heard mixed reviews of the rest. Fill me in!

If I had to choose between Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe, which should I choose??

Thanks for the input!
    DD10...I think I would lean toward Rainforest Cafe, especially if she has never been there before. We try to go almost every time we go to Disney. No preference between the ones at DTD and AK.

I like to go just with DH to Planet Hollywood. It was a little noisy for the kids. But it is also a little more "hip" for couples, especiallyin the evenings with the DJ there.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Tricia or Cindy,

What are the most popular cashouts? After Disney cards and dollars.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Sahmy View Post
    Tricia or Cindy,

What are the most popular cashouts? After Disney cards and dollars.
    Disney is probably still 75% of our cashouts. Then maybe 10% to Paypal? After that, the other 15% is a little bit of a hodgepodge. Definitely Target and Walmart. A few Darden and Landrys. A few Amazon or GiftCertificates.com. Every once in awhile, a Blockbuster, Borders, or Starbucks. I think we have had a few Kohls and 1 Footlocker.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    What do you think of my new promotion coming up.......Planet Hollywood gift cards? Everytime I go to Disney I eat there, so thought this might be a good one for you gals. You are also going to see some Wendys for that quick stop on your drive to Disney. How about that?
    PH isn't for our family. It's ok just not a stop we make.

Would love to see Rainforest Cafe gc's!
    Sunshine Rewards

isn't planet hollywood in DTD on the dining plan? well, either way.. i'll probably stick to paypal.

It's Gonna Be a Bright, Bright
    Sunshine Day
    Lori

I have never eaten at PH, but anything to do with Disney sounds good to me. Maybe sometime we will try it. I am also interested in Rainforest Cafe gift cards. Two of my kids have been there when they were very small, but the others haven't yet. I am thinking about taking them on our next trip.

Rainforest is on Landrys and we have those also. Good card, has a lot of other places too that are just outside of Disney. And the new Planet Hollywood ones we have for a limited time, so nows the time to get them.

Rainforest is on Landrys and we have those also. Good card, has a lot of other places too that are just outside of Disney. And the new Planet Hollywood ones we have for a limited time, so nows the time to get them.

We love Rainforest. And the portions there are so huge you can easily share. That's a good one!

Thanks Cindy...all this time and I never realized that. I guess I just saw the name Landry's and thought it was a store or restaurant we don't have around here...thats what I get for not paying attention .

Quote Originally Posted by saffymom View Post
    I think that's great! I probably wouldn't get the PH ones, because the last time we ate there, we didn't really care for it. But, I know a lot of people like it. I could definitely use the Wendy's ones though!
    I agree. We had gift cards for PH that I purchased for our trip last year. I purchased $100 in gift cards. We had a family of 5 and our bill was ASTRONOMICAL. The food in my opinion is barely mediocre at best (not nearly Disney Quality) but definitely as high as Disney. We all got sandwiches and no dessert...our bill was over $100 and on top of that they added gratuity. I inquired about that and was told that they always did that for parties of 8 or more. I said but we only have 5. I even spoke with the manager. I got nowhere. We ended up paying nearly $50 over my $100 gift card so BEWARE. That waitress and manager were the rudest people I have ever encountered. I have never gotten so preturbed. So, we would not ever eat there again.

Being a Landry's restaurant, it also includes Joe's Crabshack which is a favorite of ours and the Aquarium which is another of theirs also good.

The Wendy's cards would be great though.

Rainforest Cafe ROCKS though! We love it! The atmosphere is awesome and the food is very good. We eat there any time we are near a Rainforest Cafe. If you join their club while you are there, you get 10% off your meal and purchases. Then you also get coupons in the mail. Very good deal.
    Last edited by Anna; 05-16-2007 at 08:00 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards