Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: junk mail?

Default junk mail?

I am new here, and have filled out some offers. I was just wondering 1. whether you have to go through ALL of the pages where they ask you to click on additional offers (and force you to choose at least one), or if there's a stopping point to that. It's just ridiculous. Also, 2. Will I end up with a lot of junk mail delivered to my house? (I'm not worried about Email b/c I signed up with a brand new email address so that I wouldn't get all this stuff in my regular email inbox)

1. Sometimes I go all the way through until I get to the point where they say I've registered or whatever, sometimes I don't. I'm not sure why some credit and others don't and I don't think there's a magical point to know whether or not it's going to credit if you stop.

Ok, so I guess I'm no help on question 1 Sorry.

2. I have done a ton of the free offers, and I haven't noticed a large increase in junk mail. Now that i say that I will probably come home to a mountain of it!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    1. Sometimes I go all the way through until I get to the point where they say I've registered or whatever, sometimes I don't. I'm not sure why some credit and others don't and I don't think there's a magical point to know whether or not it's going to credit if you stop.

Ok, so I guess I'm no help on question 1 Sorry.

2. I have done a ton of the free offers, and I haven't noticed a large increase in junk mail. Now that i say that I will probably come home to a mountain of it!
    I've gotten the occaisonal COME TO THIS SEMINAR AND LEARN HOW TO MAKE LOADS OF $$$$!!! mailing, but I don't know where they got my name from-if it's actually from GPT's or not.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

1. Normally I try to get to the end of the thing (where its do x amounts of gold, silver, platnium) by clicking through but sometimes its a never ending loop like with final payoff so I'll close out of it. I try to get all the way through to ensure I've done everything possible to get credit. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. With advertisers being picky I think they are going to start tracking how far you do them and filling out page 1 or 2 probably won't work anymore.

2. I have not received an influx of postal mail due to offers. I have received an influx of email and phone calls on my private phone account. I think since email is free and phone calls are cheap they will mainly stick to these 2 methods of contacting you and not dealing with postal mail.
    Sunshine Rewards

The only mail I've had an increase in is the Publishers Clearing House stuff, and since I signed up for the sweeps online, I pretty much requested it.

But other than that, no snail mail.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thank you everyone! That makes me feel a little bit better. This afternoon, after I posted, I got a call on my work number that I had been entered into a sweepstakes for $50,000; they verified that I had "one of the following credit cards: visa/mastercard" and then asked me to take a survey. (I used my work # on some stuff because it kept saying my cell was out of range from my address....I don't have a home phone so there's nothing else I can do) I told him sorry I didn't have the time. And he said he'd call back. Now, I have a feeling that was from something I signed up for because I've never gotten a call like that on my work number before. I just hope it doesn't happen again!

Well, yeah, the phone thing is going to happen.

The offers that have told me that my phone number isn't right, I just leave them. I don't HAVE an alternative, so I have no choice.

Next time they call, tell them you're not interested and see if "add me to your/the do not call list" thing works.

They talk about timeshares and that you've entered a sweepstakes, mainly...
    Sunshine Rewards

Keep checking ************. The first time I tried to get a number from them, there were no available numbers for my area. I checked again a month later, and they had new numbers. So, don't give up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kycha View Post
    Keep checking ************. The first time I tried to get a number from them, there were no available numbers for my area. I checked again a month later, and they had new numbers. So, don't give up!
    I've never heard of that. ************ .com I'd assume? I'll check it out. Thanks!

Also, open an account with gmail. It helps to eliminate all the junk mail being sent to your regular e-mail. It's free and really easy. I just checked it and since I opened it last week it had over 2,000 spam mails in it. Easy to delete them all.

I'll have to try the private phone cuz I use my cell phone number and just ignore it when it comes in but that is getting old.
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards