Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why, oh why, must I live in PA?

Default Why, oh why, must I live in PA?

Why can't I be "FourFoxesinFL" or another state that allows shipment of wine?

I just wanted to get that great deal on the 6 Red Wines at mywinesdirect and can't do it. Thought it would be great to take to the shore when I go alone with DH.

Grrrrrrrr to the antiquated PA State Store system for alcohol sales.
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Since I was born and raised in PA, I can hear you. I always thought that the "State Store" system was odd, especially since I subsequently lived in a couple of other states.
    Last edited by spring; 09-03-2008 at 06:02 PM.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post

I just wanted to get that great deal on the 6 Red Wines at mywinesdirect and can't do it. Thought it would be great to take to the shore when I go alone with DH.

If you'd like, I can buy it for you and then ship it to you and you can just reimbuse me minus the amount I'd earn from SR. I wouldn't mine at all.
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh Lisa, you're so sweet but I'd think it'd be pretty costly to send 6 full bottles of wine. Maybe this is an excuse for us to visit the two wineries in NJ that we always pass by because we have the kiddies in the car.

Thanks so much for your nice offer.
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh Lisa, you're so sweet but I'd think it'd be pretty costly to send 6 full bottles of wine. Maybe this is an excuse for us to visit the two wineries in NJ that we always pass by because we have the kiddies in the car.

Thanks so much for your nice offer.
    Alright, let me know if you change your mind!
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

I hear you - I so wish that we didn't have state stores and beer distributors. It would be so great to be able to buy our beer and wine in the grocery stores, drug stores, or wal-marts - like the rest of the world! This past weekend, I realized that we were out of wine coolers . The three closest beer distributors were closed for the holiday weekend! So I was forced to polish off a bottle or two of wine. But it would have been so nice to just run up to the Wal-mart and get some more. Maybe some day we will get out of the stone ages!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

yeah but then our state couldn't make money off of it and so many people would lose their state jobs... (said with dripping sarcasm... ) I always wonder when we'll get out of the stone age.
    Sunshine Rewards

Have it shipped to where you are staying in NJ.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

That's a good idea Cindy but I don't think it will work. UPS would probably just leave it on our step and who knows if neighborhood kids would help themselves to a party. If we'd be at a hotel or a B&B, that's an excellent way to get around our just post-prohibition laws.
    Sunshine Rewards

That's a good idea Cindy but I don't think it will work. UPS would probably just leave it on our step and who knows if neighborhood kids would help themselves to a party. If we'd be at a hotel or a B&B, that's an excellent way to get around our just post-prohibition laws.
    They won't leave wine, and adult has to sign for it.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.