Thread: Firefox 3.0

Default Firefox 3.0

I am still not able to get a DS on my Mac using Firefox 2.0.0.16. I know there is a update for Firefox 3.0, but thought I read here on the forum that some people were having trouble with the new version and not to update to it. I searched the forum but can't find any posts about it. Is anyone using Firefox 3.0 successfully? I would appreciate any help! TIA

I am using Firefox 2.0.0.16 and have no trouble getting DS - sorry I can't be of any help. What is your problem? won't load? I know nothing about Firefox3.0.

Sorry I wish I could be of any help.

Karn
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I'm on 3.0 (windows though) and have been doing ok recently.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    I am using Firefox 2.0.0.16 and have no trouble getting DS - sorry I can't be of any help. What is your problem? won't load? I know nothing about Firefox3.0.

Sorry I wish I could be of any help.

Karn
    I can put in my demograhics, click start survey, but then get a blank white page. A few others who are on Macs are having the same problem and we posted about this earlier in the week but can't find a solution. I can do OTX, all offers, etc. and was able to do DS and SM surveys up until about 5 days ago. I just wish this could somehow get resolved. Thanks for trying to help!

Hubby had mentioned that maybe GF had done something causing your version of Firefox to not work anymore, while allowing other versions to. Which made sense with you being on .16 and me being on .7.

But now that someone using .16 isn't having problems, I can't see that being the solution.

For the people that it's not working for, have you done updates through apple recently? NOT done updates recently?

This is a mystery and I keep picking hubby's brain about it, but before I get a chance to post, whatever he suggested becomes moot, like this .16 thing!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    Hubby had mentioned that maybe GF had done something causing your version of Firefox to not work anymore, while allowing other versions to. Which made sense with you being on .16 and me being on .7.

But now that someone using .16 isn't having problems, I can't see that being the solution.

For the people that it's not working for, have you done updates through apple recently? NOT done updates recently?

This is a mystery and I keep picking hubby's brain about it, but before I get a chance to post, whatever he suggested becomes moot, like this .16 thing!
    I haven't done any recent updates that I can think of. I called DS tonight who is a huge Mac person, in fact, that's his job; in charge of Macs and mac servers. I described my problem is detail and he felt it had to be a gf thing and not my computer. He walked me through downloading the opera browser as an option to do SR surveys, but I got the same thing, blank white page at the same point. He does run Firefox 3.0 with no problems, but of course he's not trying to get a gf DS !!! This is very baffling and frustrating. DS are what I do most on SR and the SM surveys. I actually enjoy them and it's been a challenge to share DH's computer in order to do them.

Thanks so much for trying to help with this problem and please also thank your DH. If he has any other ideas, please pass them along!

Do you think your son would EVER do SR?

If not, maybe you could log out and he could log in as you, and see what happens when he clicks the survey pages?

If others who are having troubles mention that they haven't let their computer do the routine upgrades too, I might suggest that that be done. Of course, apples aren't pcs and don't have to do all the software patches that m'soft has to do, but when hubby was working with making websites, they were often QUITE "injured" when m'soft would put out a new patch and that patch didn't work with what his company had created. They would have to field tons of phone calls and come up with something new, to work with the patched-up browser or software.

Anyway, even though apples aren't pcs like that, I wonder if there's an update out there that needs to be done, to get your computer up to speed? Though you said your son said it's not a computer thing, so I don't know....

Lucky you, by the way, having an apple guy in the family! I'm slowly weaning hubby off of windows machines, but he's got quite a bit of shame b/c of all his PC friends.
    Sunshine Rewards

I have firefox 3.0.1 on my mac. I have all the latest updates of everything (i'm a tech nerd) and I have the same problem. It's definitely something on GF's end. They reprogrammed something. When I sit here and watch along the bottom of my browser try to load, I see "Waiting for..." and then the page from GF or I see, "Transferring data from..." and then the GF page name and it won't ever load it. There's something they've done that is giving macs trouble rendering those pages. Why it's not all I can't say, except that maybe we "unfortunates" have a plug in or something that's not compatible with what they've done. But it would take a lot of testing to figure it out.

I'm on Firefox 2.0.0.1 and have been having the same problem since last Saturday (8/30). I tried downloading Opera too and no dice.

Is there a way to submit a tech support request to Greenfield? The SR trouble Ticket system doesn't seem to be set up for this kind of thing...
    Sunshine Rewards