Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wishes or Illuminations???

Default Wishes or Illuminations???

Hi I'm not sure if we will be able to see both while we are in WDW. If we were only able to see one which one would you recommend?? My boys are 7 and 5 so we were leaning toward Wishes but it's not until 10:00pm on the night we could go-- What do you think? Thanks
    Angie

Sunshine Rewards

I have girls, so I don't know if their opinion is similar to your boys, but they MUCH prefer Wishes. They love Tinkerbell flying down from the castle and I think the show and music is more appealing to kids. Not that Illuminations isn't appealing - my girls loved it too - they just preferred Wishes. Not sure if that helps, but those are my thoughts!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I would so do Wishes over Illuminations. Wishes has all the songs and fireworks going and the castle changing colors. Illuminations just has the countries lighting up with a globe in the water. Illuminations is still a great show but it would be boring compared to Wishes for your boys.
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

No contest for me...Wishes.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Illuminawhat?

Hands down Wishes! I've seen Illuminations twice & I just wasn't as impressed. Now Wishes on the other hand...I !!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

My son is now 14 but as he was growing up 4,9,11,12 it was always wishes for him
    Sunshine Rewards
    "
    Jo

Wow!! It sounds like Wishes wins hands down!! We were leaning that way but we weren't sure because of it being at 10:00pm. My boys are very early risers and I'm not sure they can last that long. I guess I will just have to talk them into a nap that day--yeah right.
    Angie

Sunshine Rewards

Illuminations takes my breath away, but Wishes makes me cry. I think my kids prefer (8 & 10) prefer Wishes.

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

Quote Originally Posted by fordisneyap08 View Post
    Wow!! It sounds like Wishes wins hands down!! We were leaning that way but we weren't sure because of it being at 10:00pm. My boys are very early risers and I'm not sure they can last that long. I guess I will just have to talk them into a nap that day--yeah right.
    take a little side trip to Goofy's Candy Co in the afternoon ... they'll stay up!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Wishes! Although we usually see both, my kids prefer Wishes over Illuminations. As for getting them to stay up, my dd6 is a early riser and it has been difficult for her to stay up. A nap - not going to happen. I try to take the kids out of the park in the afternoon and just go back to the resort and have some quiet time. Then when we go back in the park, we get some sugar snacks - cotton candy. Once Wishes starts my kids are wide awake and really enjoy the show. Enjoy
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards