Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firewall

Default Firewall

i am not what you would call computer savvy but what is really odd is that i did 2 offers today and both of them credited (one at 4 and the other at 5) and one of them was one i had done b4 and not gotten credit for. my question is if you take down the firewall on your computer (my husband did that today as we were having problems with microsft) does that help in getting offers to credit? if my question seems stupid i apologize but it just seems weird that when the firewall is up i don't get the big offers but without it i got 2 today for $1.50 each. any guidance you can give me on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by marcymajor View Post
    i am not what you would call computer savvy but what is really odd is that i did 2 offers today and both of them credited (one at 4 and the other at 5) and one of them was one i had done b4 and not gotten credit for. my question is if you take down the firewall on your computer (my husband did that today as we were having problems with microsft) does that help in getting offers to credit? if my question seems stupid i apologize but it just seems weird that when the firewall is up i don't get the big offers but without it i got 2 today for $1.50 each. any guidance you can give me on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes. We somehow had 2 different co's firewall's on our downstairs PC and once we removed the one I had better luck downstairs. Yes your firewall settings will stop things from coming through like the appropriate cookies. You need to change those settings also.
    Sunshine Rewards

my cookies are already set to advanced so as to accept all 1st and 3rd party cookies, override automatic cookie handling and always allow session cookies. is this what it is suppose to be?

my cookies are already set to advanced so as to accept all 1st and 3rd party cookies, override automatic cookie handling and always allow session cookies. is this what it is suppose to be?
    Yes, good job.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

one more thing - is it better to have the firewall installed or uninstalled (i know one other person says it is better to have uninstalled but i just want to make sure) to have offers work better?

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Well you should have a firewall installed for regular web surfing. What you need to do though is figure out if the settings in it is conflicting with your internet browser setting. Some people have reported success disabling the firewall to do a few offers and then when they are done re-enabling it to keep their protection up.
    Sunshine Rewards

for the info. i spoke to dh about this and he said that his firewall was uninstalled not mine but this morning it was re-installed and not by him. the only way that my firewall could be uninstalled is for him to do it as he is the administrator and can do things like that on computers not me. does that make any sense?

I have a question as well. Does your pop-up blocker have any influence? I have my cookie settings all set correctly and I am still having a lot of trouble with offers crediting. I see other people talking about offers that credited for them easily and mine have been sitting in pending for weeks

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by dbmiller02 View Post
    I have a question as well. Does your pop-up blocker have any influence? I have my cookie settings all set correctly and I am still having a lot of trouble with offers crediting. I see other people talking about offers that credited for them easily and mine have been sitting in pending for weeks
    yup. you need to disable your pop-up blocker when doing offers. If they can't pop windows up on you they can't track you and give you credit.
    Sunshine Rewards

for the info. i spoke to dh about this and he said that his firewall was uninstalled not mine but this morning it was re-installed and not by him. the only way that my firewall could be uninstalled is for him to do it as he is the administrator and can do things like that on computers not me. does that make any sense?
    Color me confused. It was disabled and then enabled this morning. Is that the case?
    Sunshine Rewards