Thread: Just used a Shoebuy promotion that didnt work

Default Just used a Shoebuy promotion that didnt work

Hi. I'm so bummed. I *just* used the Shoebuy promotion ($20 off $50 if you check out via paypal). I went through SR, placed an order for $54.95 and used paypal but the $20 was not deducted. Will this occur later? I'm so bummed. Money is tight and I wouldnt have done the transaction if this is the case.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

That is a Shoebuy promo not an SR one. Here are the details they have listed about the promo.

$20 off $50 or more plus Free Shipping when you pay with PayPal!

Cannot be combined with any other offer.
    Not valid on purchase of gift certificates.
    Applies to participating brands only.
    Offer expires 09/19/08.
    Shoebuy reserves the right to end or change this offer at any time.
    Free Shipping offer does not apply on shipments outside of the United States.

It should have come off at the time of purchase. Is it possible you did not order a participating brand? I would call Shoebuy and see what the problem was that kept you from getting the offer. I am sure they can tell you specifically. Let us know what they say so that everyone will know what to avoid. If you don't want the order at the higher price then cancel it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Default Thanks. I sent Shoebuy an email with the order number

Thanks. I sent Shoebuy an email with the order number on it so they can check on it for me. I may end up cancelling it. I know I did everything right and assumed it would be a go since the promo was posted on SR. But I could have purchased a brand that was not part of the promo, we will see.

I'll be sure to post their response. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mom2cuties View Post
    Thanks. I sent Shoebuy an email with the order number on it so they can check on it for me. I may end up cancelling it. I know I did everything right and assumed it would be a go since the promo was posted on SR. But I could have purchased a brand that was not part of the promo, we will see.

I'll be sure to post their response. Thanks!
    I see it there on the SR page too. And I had just gotten an email about it! Obviously the SR ladies are on the ball, getting it up so fast!

The page says nothing about brand restrictions, so instead of waiting for the email to be read, and especially considering how FAST shoebuy works, I would call them immediately.

"Contact Shoebuy.com Customer Service toll-free at 1-888-200-8414 and mention the "PayPal? $20 off $50 Offer" to receive your discount. "

Good luck!!!!
    Last edited by mollyeilis; 09-06-2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: brand restrictions; obviously there are restrictions. :)
    Sunshine Rewards

I am on the phone now with Shoebuy and they are telling me they cannot honor this code because it's not "active". I have no idea what that means but if you are considering using the code, please dont. They wont honor it. They did give me 20% off, though.

Not active? editing b/c now I think *I've* lost my mind, as I can't find the email I swore I saw in my inbox....I'm dreadfully confused now, but I do see the Sunshine Saver email I got about it so maybe I'm just uber-confused.

Regardless, I hope Cindy sees that they aren't honoring an offer!
    Last edited by mollyeilis; 09-06-2008 at 04:04 PM. Reason: confoosed
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

It makes no sense that they are saying it isn't active. When you go to the link it takes you to the shoebuy site where it is on the banner at the top. SR has no control over their site so why would they have it on their site if it wasn't active.
    Sunshine Rewards

I see why, its starts on the 8th.

ETA, if they gave you 20% off though, thats a pretty good deal.
    Last edited by sunshinecindy; 09-07-2008 at 03:52 PM.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.