Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crock pots.com

Default Crock pots.com

Has anyone been to this site. There are a lot of good buys here. They have the insulated travel bags to carry your crock in.....I paid over 20.00 for mine, they have them for 12.99 and 15% off, what a great deal. Also, you can click on all their other stores and find some great buys. Wine bottle stoppers, 3/9.99.....I paid 6.99 for one of the exact same stoppers. I'm amazed at some of the neat stuff they have. Time to go back shopping....
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I checked it out last night (as I plan to do my "Christmas in July" shopping this week so I was trying to decide how many stores I was going to be shopping from) and you are right...It does have some neat stuff (much to my wallet's dismay )
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!

I'm glad someone posted about this site - I need help from all of you experts out there.....thinking about buying a crock pot. All those recipes that have been posted sound really yummy!! Now, I'm a cook from a box kind of girl Will I be able to do the crock pot thing?! Sounds pretty easy, but I really don't need to buy another kitchen item to collect dust (along with the wok, fondue set, rice steamer.....). And if I do take the plunge - what size do people have? We're a family of 5 in case that matters - thanks for any advice
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by zoodoyle View Post
    I'm glad someone posted about this site - I need help from all of you experts out there.....thinking about buying a crock pot. All those recipes that have been posted sound really yummy!! Now, I'm a cook from a box kind of girl Will I be able to do the crock pot thing?! Sounds pretty easy, but I really don't need to buy another kitchen item to collect dust (along with the wok, fondue set, rice steamer.....). And if I do take the plunge - what size do people have? We're a family of 5 in case that matters - thanks for any advice
    My husband is not an accomplished cook and he uses the crock pot just fine, I'm sure you can do it! We are a family of 6, we use the regular size crock pot, I'm not sure exactly what size that is??

I plan our meals so that we use the crock pot at least 1-2 a week, it is alot easier for my husband to start dinner that way (he's a SAHD) and it's more energy efficient then using the oven, doesn't heat up the house, etc. I definitely think it is much more useful then my wok, fondue set, rice cooker, or quesadilla maker!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I placed and order for the Foodsaver just today off this site. With the free shipping and 10% off not bad. My husband h been wanting one for when he gets a deer and I can make jerky and seal it. SO I gues it will help me... But it is his Christmas gift.......

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by zoodoyle View Post
    The thing about crock pots, they last a long time, so get the one you want. Make sure its removable. So much easier to clean. I have three, use my oval one the most, it seems to cook more evenly. I use it alot, and yes, even a not so experienced cook can use it. I love the Banquet crock pot meals too, for 4.59, we have a great cooked meal when I get home from work. Or in my case now, get off work at home. LOL
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I have 3 also. One I hardly ever use. My small one I use for dips and things when we have parties. My big oval one is the one that is used the most. (We are also a family of 5)
    You will enjoy it. So easy to cook in and really great when it is hot. I use mine alot. At the least 2 times a week. Sometimes more.

Lydia
    LydiaSunshine Rewards

I use my crock pot often. I love to make beef stew, chili, or chicken. When we have parties I use it for meatballs and sauce or sausage and peppers.

The cook book that goes with my crock pot is out of stock on the website. I'm interested in the food saver........I will have to check that out.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Not sure if you've bought one yet or not but the one with Rival one with a built in timer is my savior. It automatically cooks for whatever amount of time I put it for and then it switches to keep warm and stops cooking. Its definetly removable and oval shape. Whats even better than a removeable bowl is the liners. No clean up at all!! I think mine is a 5 or 5.5 qt cooker and is quite large for us.
    Sunshine Rewards

I LOVE crockpots. Put it on in the morning and you are done! We usually use it in the winter time. I thought about buying a cookbook or 2 from there and maybe another carrier. Those are good deals....

Angela
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards