Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've seen it all now--stirrup pants

Default I've seen it all now--stirrup pants

I was just checking out the new LL Cool J line at Sears and guess what I found? Black stirrup pants!! The exact same kind that I had in junior high!!

Did I miss that they were making a comeback? I cherished my black stirrup pants ever so much. There was nothing I couldn't wear with them. Especially long cable knit cardigan sweaters. Are those back, too?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

What the? I'm not crazy about leggings coming back, but I can appreciate them being popular under mini skirts-but stirup pants?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

They're Back!
    "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Michelle

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I was just checking out the new LL Cool J line at Sears and guess what I found? Black stirrup pants!! The exact same kind that I had in junior high!!

Did I miss that they were making a comeback? I cherished my black stirrup pants ever so much. There was nothing I couldn't wear with them. Especially long cable knit cardigan sweaters. Are those back, too?
    Don't feel bad for missing them, I miss mine too....but I'm a bit older than you, so I was way past Junior High age and still loved them! Did you sometimes wear yours with those bulky slouch socks on top?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Yep, Yep, they're both back. Not a big fan of stirrup pants cuz I don't like the way that thing feels on the bottom of my feet but I do like to wear those type of pants without the stirrups with long sweaters or T's. Welcome back to the 70's. I'll pass again on the halter tops, though, since I've still never become "endowed" enough to wear them. Besides that fact, also, that maybe I'm a little to old for them now. (I can't believe I just said that).
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Don't feel bad for missing them, I miss mine too....but I'm a bit older than you, so I was way past Junior High age and still loved them! Did you sometimes wear yours with those bulky slouch socks on top?
    Oh man, are you telling your age now!!! I had a squillion pair of those.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Wow - I had not seen those for adults yet, but had come across them last week when I was shopping w/ DD at The Children's Place in the mall. I asked her if she wanted black jeans, then noticed the stirrups & said no way, we'll find them elsewhere! I just cannot see those in style again!

OMG! I loved those. Now, I just need for leg warmers to be back in fashion, and I am the talk of the town!

Look for me on the the next episode of What Not To Wear, LOL!!
    Angie

I'm with you- I had no idea they were back!
    Sunshine Rewards

okay.........I love the 80's. I came into my own during the 80's (Class of 86) and I owned a pair or two (okay every color imaginable) of stirrup pants...BUT those coming back into style is just wrong.....who wants a crotch that streches down to mid thigh (come on ladies you all know what I am talking about...those stirrups make the legs so look like upside down long triangles..........I think I am going to have to write my congressman to pass a law NO MORE STIRRUP PANTS (unless you are an equestrian and that look works for you)

My sister had an 80's party back in 2002 (I remember because I was 7 mo pregnant with dd#2) and she raided my parents attack for all of MY old clothes.....one outfit was black stirrup pants with my official flashdance sweatshirt, my old bangle bracelets and white pumps with cuffed socks (and I thought back in the day I rocked that outfit).....when I saw her I nearly died....the 80's was not a good clothes decade!!

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards