Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I've seen it all now--stirrup pants

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I was just checking out the new LL Cool J line at Sears and guess what I found? Black stirrup pants!! The exact same kind that I had in junior high!!

Did I miss that they were making a comeback? I cherished my black stirrup pants ever so much. There was nothing I couldn't wear with them. Especially long cable knit cardigan sweaters. Are those back, too?
    Then I missed it to and yes I remember wearing nothing but them! OMG I really can't believe their making a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by missangie View Post
    OMG! I loved those. Now, I just need for leg warmers to be back in fashion, and I am the talk of the town!

Look for me on the the next episode of What Not To Wear, LOL!!
    I had those too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pbhall13 View Post
    okay.........I love the 80's. I came into my own during the 80's (Class of 86) and I owned a pair or two (okay every color imaginable) of stirrup pants...BUT those coming back into style is just wrong.....who wants a crotch that streches down to mid thigh (come on ladies you all know what I am talking about...those stirrups make the legs so look like upside down long triangles..........I think I am going to have to write my congressman to pass a law NO MORE STIRRUP PANTS (unless you are an equestrian and that look works for you)

My sister had an 80's party back in 2002 (I remember because I was 7 mo pregnant with dd#2) and she raided my parents attack for all of MY old clothes.....one outfit was black stirrup pants with my official flashdance sweatshirt, my old bangle bracelets and white pumps with cuffed socks (and I thought back in the day I rocked that outfit).....when I saw her I nearly died....the 80's was not a good clothes decade!!

Pamela
    The worst part is I can picture it bc I was dressed the same exact way!!! I agree 80's was not a good clothing year. To go along with those remember, spandex, jellies and everthing in NEON colors????
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh dear...

Those were my FAVORITE pants because I thought they hid my chubby thighs during those awkward teen years...sigh. But really they DIDN'T hide them. They accentuated them, didn't they?? Oh well. No...not interested in those coming back in style - ick!

And yes Pam L. - I wore them with the scrunchie socks.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

Oh NO! I hope they don't bring back the "Smurf Boots!"

And DARN - I just sold a vintage pack of banana clips on eBay. Shoulda kept 'em!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250287807931
    Last edited by fourfoxesinpa; 09-12-2008 at 01:33 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

OMG! I loved those. Now, I just need for leg warmers to be back in fashion, and I am the talk of the town!

Hey Angie....I loved my leg warmers....I even knitted some of mine and my daughters'....lol

Not too sure how I feel about the stirup pants though.....they really stretched out....
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I didn't wear then in the 80's and I'm sure not wearing them now. The problem I had in the 80's is I just very tall with really long legs, nobody made then long enough for me!
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Yup, I saw them in a major dept. store last weekend, so maybe they are coming back. I loved them, wore the long sweaters and the scrunchy socks. Can't you just picture it!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

I guess I should have forwarned you all...yes, all of the 80s items are coming back including the stirrups, neon colors, leg warmers, etc. At work, while I work in the non-fun side (finance), I do get to see the cool kids from the other side quite a bit. They're always wearing the "latest fashions"...although they are NOT part of our buisness dress code...apparently they get excused since they're "creative"...whatever.

Anyway, I need to take a photo of this one girl...it never fails, she's wearing those big 80s round plastic rimmed glasses, stirrups, a shaker sweater (over one shoulder of course), ususally paired w/some sort of ballet flats, and of course the banana clip. She's a sight. I honestly think all her stuff is "vintage" because there can NOT be anyone who actually still sells these things. And it's not like she's stuck in the 80s (you know...those girls that still have the same hair from their senior photo??), she's about 21 if she's a day.

Also, take a look at the signage at your local TGT (sorry Ang!), there is one of a lady in a sweater that I swear they just reused from the 80s!! I hate it, but apparently it's all coming back!

Now...when can I see the striped jeans again?? Those are GREAT!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Well Angie not to disappoint you BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I was looking through the sale ads today and guess what I saw at Sears??? (of course as soon as I saw them I thought of you and this thread!)

Yup! Leg warmers.... Check them out and oh the hot pink and mustard yellow are soooooo in this season...

OMG what were they thinking bringing back some of the 80's look?????

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_10...rmers&sLevel=0
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I hate to tell all of you youngsters, but stirrup pants go back to at least the 60's. My sister and I got several matching sets when I was 10. I hated the stirrup and got in trouble for cutting them off. Flash forward to the 80's and I loved them, especially with long sweaters. I used to be a slender little thing and thought I was quite the fashion plate. I think I will pass on them this time around. My plate is a little bigger than it used to be.

I was scared by some of what I saw at Torrid today.
    But really funny was the Jr dept at Macy's. My mom amnd I were looking for stuff for Dniece-we were so confused-is that a sweater? A dress?
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.