Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunshine Cindy and other F&W goers

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default Sunshine Cindy and other F&W goers

How are the crowds during the first part of F&W? I was thinking about going next year for the first weekend of it but wasn't sure how bad the crowds would be. Does it always start that last weekend in September? Is it worth going to F&W? Please tell me more about yall's personal experiences with it (I've already read the basics on Allearsnet and Dis). I'm thinking we need to pick our week for next year and put in for vacation with work now before our schedules gets booked.

Thanks!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm no help, but we are going opening weekend this year and I'm also wanting to hear responses!
    Sunshine Rewards

We were there the opening weekend for the last 2 years...Last year we went on a Friday night(BIG BIG mistake) and it was SOOOOOO crowded...the lines were incredibly long for all the booths. And it was HOT and humid (no surprise ) We were so hungry we finally gave up and walked into China for dinner.
    The year before we went opening week, but not on a weekend. It was still crowded but worth doing for us as we LOVE trying new things . We really enjoyed it.BUT we did leave the kids with a sitter and did this as our 'date night'. And I would not recommend going really hungry. The foods are yummy (or at the very least, intersting) but the portions are small and our beer and wine were going down quicker than the food...which can be a problem. The only other tip I can give is that we found it important to set a budget. All those little tastes can add up! (but if you are on the DDP you can use a snack credit at any of the booths.)
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thanks for the review. We would be going probably the Saturday of it since I'm sure the friday would be MNSSHP for us. I'm sure Saturday would be worse though. hmm decisions decisions. I'm sure if it was the last day though and we had done everything else at the park earlier in the week that a few lines wouldn't be too bad coupled with dinner at biergarten. do you see me talking myself into this??
    Sunshine Rewards

I've gone the past three years. Last year was the saturday of the opening date. Though it was crowded, it wasn't untolerable, and I'm not a patient person, in fact, i think it was less crowded then the year before when we went the second week. I've never gone on a Sunday, which is one day I would think would be slower. The food is good, it can be expensive. We normally spend about 160.00 for the two of us, drinks and all, and we are so full you have to roll us out. We have our specials that we love...the canadian cheese soup, the Irish booth has everything we like, the US never has anything very good. We also hit some of the little restaurants and get the cheese and bread combo, which I love.
    This year we are also going to be there the first saturday. I will have my pin on, so if anyone is there, look for me.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Cindy --- my mom and I are taking a girls trip that weekend (Sept 29-Oct 2) and will be there!!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Princess View Post
    Cindy --- my mom and I are taking a girls trip that weekend (Sept 29-Oct 2) and will be there!!!
    Oh, how cool. We need to make sure we see eachother. You know what I look like (advantage), I don't know what anyone on here looks like.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

That sounds good Cindy. I definetly will have to try and go next year.
    Sunshine Rewards

I didn't attend, but I was at WDW 2 years ago during opening weekend of F & W. Which also coincided with the first night of MNSSHP and the end of free dining. Can we say crazy? We stayed away from Epcot that weekend. But, it was fairly crowded everywhere else.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

This is our favorite time to go to WDW and we will again be there this year 10/27-11/4. The weekends tend to be crowded because the locals go then but during the week it's not too bad, I think the first week and the last week are the worst crowd-wise. We shall see since out trip this year is towards the end of F&W. Just check out my tag under my name and that says it all!!!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES