Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunshine Cindy and other F&W goers

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Ok I've been researching a little more about F&W since I've decided (along with BF ) that we will be going Sept 19-28th next year.

So my new question is: Is the Party for the Senses a hard ticket event? Would we be able to do Epcot and the countries without this ticket? Its pretty steep but I might be able to swing it with my christmas shopping on here next quarter. I just wouldn't be able to tell BF how much it is actually costing us to do that.
    Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Ok I've been researching a little more about F&W since I've decided (along with BF ) that we will be going Sept 19-28th next year.

So my new question is: Is the Party for the Senses a hard ticket event? Would we be able to do Epcot and the countries without this ticket? Its pretty steep but I might be able to swing it with my christmas shopping on here next quarter. I just wouldn't be able to tell BF how much it is actually costing us to do that.
    Yes, Party of the Senses (POTS) is a hard ticket event for every Saturday evening during F&W but you most definitely can do EPCOT and the countries without the POTS ticket. POTS is held in a separate venue (sorry, I'm really a WDW newbie so don't know all the names of the places there!). Okay, Marc just told me that it's the World Showcase - that was a big DUH on my part.

We went for the first time last year and we were both amazed by it all. The wines were wonderful, the food tastings were amazing. There were beer tastings and scotch tastings as well though wine was the predominant drink. There was also plenty of bottled water if one felt that the alcohol was a bit much. Cirque du Soleil also performs 4 separate times during the event. I've seen a few of their shows but they perform in the middle of the arena and you can be VERY close; it was amazing.

When the doors open it's kind of a rush to get in and get a table, but we, shy though we are, managed to share a table with another couple who looked just as lost as we did and we had a great evening. Also, if you do get the POTS ticket you are entitled to VIP seating for the Eat to the Beat concert. We saw Gloria "I Will Survive" Gaynor and, well, let's just say I felt right at home when the disco ball started turning.

If you can afford it, I'd say by all means do it. If you can't afford it, start shopping like crazy on SR and put those credits toward it! It's a chance to try so many fun foods and wine (and beer and scotch!) that you may never have thought about ordering in a restaurant.
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I'll be there for the first weekend and I can't wait to experience it! Our last day is Saturday, Sept 29th (the first Sat of the F&WF) so hopefully I will see some other Sunshiners there
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by llgray16 View Post
    I'll be there for the first weekend and I can't wait to experience it! Our last day is Saturday, Sept 29th (the first Sat of the F&WF) so hopefully I will see some other Sunshiners there
    I'll be waiting for your trip report then!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    Yes, Party of the Senses (POTS) is a hard ticket event for every Saturday evening during F&W but you most definitely can do EPCOT and the countries without the POTS ticket. POTS is held in a separate venue (sorry, I'm really a WDW newbie so don't know all the names of the places there!). Okay, Marc just told me that it's the World Showcase - that was a big DUH on my part.

We went for the first time last year and we were both amazed by it all. The wines were wonderful, the food tastings were amazing. There were beer tastings and scotch tastings as well though wine was the predominant drink. There was also plenty of bottled water if one felt that the alcohol was a bit much. Cirque du Soleil also performs 4 separate times during the event. I've seen a few of their shows but they perform in the middle of the arena and you can be VERY close; it was amazing.

When the doors open it's kind of a rush to get in and get a table, but we, shy though we are, managed to share a table with another couple who looked just as lost as we did and we had a great evening. Also, if you do get the POTS ticket you are entitled to VIP seating for the Eat to the Beat concert. We saw Gloria "I Will Survive" Gaynor and, well, let's just say I felt right at home when the disco ball started turning.

If you can afford it, I'd say by all means do it. If you can't afford it, start shopping like crazy on SR and put those credits toward it! It's a chance to try so many fun foods and wine (and beer and scotch!) that you may never have thought about ordering in a restaurant.
    Thanks for replying. I'm not sure right now if we will or will not participate. It seems like it is getting a bit steeper each year after searching the dis for it. I was just worried it if was a hard ticket event in case we can't go and then we'd miss out on the countries and such that night. I'm definetly going to try to earn our way to it. I'll add it to the budget with MNSSHP and see what can be done.
    Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Thanks for replying. I'm not sure right now if we will or will not participate. It seems like it is getting a bit steeper each year after searching the dis for it. I was just worried it if was a hard ticket event in case we can't go and then we'd miss out on the countries and such that night. I'm definetly going to try to earn our way to it. I'll add it to the budget with MNSSHP and see what can be done.
    Sorry for the delay in another reply... we headed out to see a Mamma Mia matinee and just got home a bit back. (NO comments about Dancing Queen, please!)

POTS is getting pricier. I thought we paid $95 last year and it's up to $135 this year. I could be wrong on last year's cost but I didn't think it was over $100.

I approach it slightly different than many (as I do most things!). Yes, it's costly. Yes, it's a 3-hour event. Yes, it's costly. Did I mention it's costly? Yeah, pricey is the word.

Now, I guess I do an existentialist take on the whole thing. I walked in and the whole place just took me away. When they say party of the "senses" they truly do mean that. Sight, sound, taste, smell, hearing, speech, and animation were all there. It's not just about food and wine (drink) but everything is covered. I probably took it to the nth degree and if I've bored you with this, I do apologize.

I so wanted to go again this year, but it's just not to be. Unfortunately next year isn't working into the schedule either so we're looking at the fall of 2009.
    Maybe we need to plan a SR F&W as well as SR cruise!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

We will be there on Sept 29th. I hope it isn't insanely crowded. We went last year on the first Saturday of Oct and the park wasn't empty, but it wasn't insane either. Some booth lines were long, others weren't. It kind of fluctuated throughout the day, but still most lines went pretty quick and we were able to taste a bunch of things without a problem.

Me and Janet will both be there on the 29th. We will definately have to get together. I was there last year on the opening saturday also, which means I walked right past you at some point. I WILL have my pin on.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    Maybe we need to plan a SR F&W as well!

Ew baby, now you are talking my game.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Last year, I was at F&W October 7th, which I believe was actually the second Saturday of the 2006 festival. Regardless, that is neat that a bunch of us will be there on the same day this year!

Although if it's going to be unbearably crowded on Saturday, we may flip-flop our Epcot and AK days and go on Sunday, Sept 30th, instead. I will have to look into it more and talk it over with DH.