Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dining Reviews

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Default Dining Reviews

Here Ya go! Dining thread for reviews, recommendations, photos, whatever you guys have to say about dining with Disney that may be of use for others!
    Sunshine Rewards

Default My Dining Review from 05/07 - Part 1

Dining with a Kick! DDP 4/30-5/2 Day 1 Kona Cafe

Just got back from a short trip with my Mom and 2 sisters. We were DDP first timers We had a wonderful time and had some great food, and some okay food. We learned so much about the DDP on this trip! I learned so much beforehand, thanks to my friends on the Dis so now I will share our experience and the lessons learned.

Our flight got in around 5, got on magical express and headed to OKW. Check in around 6, only 2 studios remaining!! Both were handicapped, so no long baths on this trip The room was nice though, enough room for the four of us and the grounds were beautiful. We saw more little geckos then you could shake a stick at! My DS7 would have been in heaven

Attention: these reviews are going to be detailed, I like details! There will not be pictures, we took very few pics in the restaurants, I love looking at other people's pics and appreciate their boldness, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Sorry in advance.

Ok, on with it: Day 1, Arrival and Kona

We hopped on the DTD bus by 6:35, transferred to the Poly bus at DTD, and still arrived 5 minutes late for our 7:40 ressie. No worries though, we got our table at 7:50.

Drinks: DM: lapu lapu (yummy, had a nice rum kick!), virgin strawberry daquiri (sp?), Me: virgin strawberry daquiri, DS27: backscratcher, virgin sand in the pants (mix of strawberry daq and pina colada, this was the best!!), and DS21: lapu lapu and diet coke. The waitress very kindly explained that we could get one non-alcoholic drink with the DDP, no refills on the specialty frozen drinks though. I asked if I could switch to coffee for dessert and she said no, not unless I paid OOP. The drinks were good, sweet and cute. She also brought ice water with the drinks.

She brought out our sweet hawaiian bread (think king's rolls and bread) with a honey macadamia nut butter, YUM! We were so hungry from the flight and long trek, and it was fresh, warm, and delicious.

Next came out the apps, here's the rundown:
    DM: chowder, this was excellent. Full of seafood, creamy, very good.
    Me: duck potstickers, these were good. Not very "duck" tasting, good potstickers though.
    DS 27: sticky wings, we all like these too. They had a soy, garlic, ginger taste and were not too sweet. The little salad on the plate was excellent.
    DS 21: crab cakes, YUM! These were very different and very good. They had sort of a fried texture and were delicious.

Entrees came out shortly after, not too soon though. We did not feel rushed during the meal, the restaurant was not too crowdy or noisy, and our waitress was friendly. Just in case you were wondering. Ok, back to the food
    DM: prime rib, this was good. She liked the sauce with it and the mashed potatoes were amazing!
    Me: filet, good. Ok, I am an idiot. All my hours on the dis and I go and order it medium-rare, BIG MISTAKE! It was way too rare, and I like a good rare steak. I should have ordered it medium, lesson learned. The mushroom sauce was good, again the mashed potatoes were outstanding.
    DS27: teriyaki sirloin, hands down the winner! This was a shock to me. You say meat and pineapple, I say heresy!! I hate fruit with meat, but this was amazing! It just tasted delicious. I will get this next time.
    DS21: shrimp and scallops, good also. The sauces were nice compliments to the seafood, and she was very happy when the waitress asked her if she would like the shrimp grilled instead of fried. The shrimp and scallops were cooked perfectly and well seasoned.

Desserts
    DM: apple brown betty. Average, just normal apple crisp with ice cream.
    Me: white chocolate cheesecake. Very nice, good light ending to the meal and I enjoyed the brady snap it came with. I still ended up taking most of it home.
    DS27: Macadamia chocolate torte. This was good too, kind of like a hawaiian take on pecan pie. Very rich, she ate only a small bit of it and took the rest home.
    DS 21: kilauea torte, very good. Very intense chocolate, very pretty presentation. She took most of it with her.

That was it for us, we were full beyond belief and had 2 bags of take out containers We quickly learned later in the trip not to bother taking too many leftovers back. It was tons of food!

We absolutely loved the atmosphere of the Poly, I am so jealous of all the lucky people who stay there, it is just beautiful, especially at night!

So overall, we loved Kona and will be going back!

Next up, Day 2.....Le Cellier, Wolfgang Puck Cafe, and CS at Epcot
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Default Part 2

Day 2, Part 1...Norway, Tea Stand, and Le Cellier

Day 2 was our Epcot day so we ate a quick breakfast (granola bars, etc) in the room and headed off to the park.

We made it for the opening and quickly headed off to Mission Space (green), fast passed Test Track, hit Soarin, Living with the Land, etc. So by 11, we had done pretty much everything we wanted in Future Land. We headed over to World Showcase, rode the Gran Fiesta in Mexico, and then headed to Norway to try the famous school bread. This was my first time in the World Showcase so I was very pleasantly surprised by the cast members from the different countries. They were all very friendly and helpful, especially the nice young man in Norway (that’s all I’m saying about that, my husband may read this and he’s the jealous type ). Alas my time chatting it up with the handsome Norwegian was cut short as other visitors entered the store (how rude!) and so we went to an outside table to enjoy the school bread.

This was better then I thought it would be! I am not a big custard fan; it’s usually heavy and eggy tasting to me. The school bread though was very fresh, light, and not too sweet. It was awesome. Even if you are not a huge fan of custard or coconut, I would still give it a try. Two of us split the one piece and it was enough to share.

Okay, so next we waited for 15 minutes on a bench by the new tea stand in China. We had read about the new alcoholic tea slushes and were very eager to try them. My two sisters ordered the Peach Oolong Tea Schnapps Slush, very good just too sweet for me. I ordered the Green Tea Plum Wine Slush. BIG MISTAKE.

WARNING do not order this without having the knowledge of what plum wine actually tastes like. It was salty! It was absolutely disgusting, I literally felt like I was going to throw up for the rest of the day.

I only was able to drink about 5 sips of it, and then finally I gave up and walked it back to the tea stand and told the nice girls there that it was salty and I guess I didn’t know that it would taste like that. They said not to worry about it, that this had happened before. They offered to give me the peach drink instead but I just took a mango tea. That too was very sweet. So finally I just gave up on the tea drinks all together and had some water.

Our lunch ADR at Le Cellier was for 1:30. By 1 we were famished. We arrived at Le Cellier at 1:10 and checked in. The hostess said that she doubted that they would be able to seat us before our ADR time, we said no problem. We sat down to wait. We saw at least 10-15 people turned away; they were told that they were not accepting any walk-ins as they were booked solid for lunch and dinner until 5/26. Some people were not to happy about this. One lady claimed to have an ADR, but her name was not in the system and she did not have the ADR number. The hostess told her sorry but they couldn’t seat her. She then whipped out a business card and said “My husband is a big shot in Vegas, here’s his card”. The hostess was like, “Sorry, I can’t seat you”. The lady replied “Take the card, I’m calling him, I’m sure he has our number”. She then sat down and ignored the hostess. We saw her later in the meal at a table for 2 (originally she had been claiming she had a party of 7!). So maybe try the big shot in Vegas card if you can’t get a table at Le Cellier. Just kidding.

So we got our table at 1:20, only ten minutes of waiting! We sat down and looked over the menu, noted the changes and ordered our drinks. We noticed that there were two new appetizers, a seared tuna app and a app called duck two ways. The crab and salmon timbale and beef tenderloin kebabs were gone. The entrees now had bouillbaisse and the shrimp pasta was gone. The desserts included a new cherry shortcake instead of the double berry buckle.

My DS27 ordered OOP for this meal and DS21 and I used the DDP, just told the waitress up front and it was no problem at all. My mom did not go to Epcot with us, so the 3 of us ordered as follows:
    Me: Cappuccino Freeze, it wasn’t listed on the menu but I asked the waitress if they had it and she said yes. This was yummy, creamy and not too sweet. Helped me start the long road to recovery after the plum wine slushy incident.
    DS27 and DS21: just plain old soft drinks. Our waitress was good with refills on these even though she was very busy.

Appetizers were as follows:
    Me and DS21: PEI mussels. Okay, now I love mussels. But I have never had mussels this large. To tell you the truth, it was kind on unnerving. They were 3x the size of the mussels we have in the Midwest. And it didn’t help that I mangled one with my little seafood fork about half way through, trust me, you don’t want to see the insides of a giant mussel. Not to mention I was still feeling a little queasy from the Tea Stand incident. But my DS21 absolutely loved them and thought they were very tasty, and I really loved the chowder sauce they were in. It’s a very rich and delicious dish for mussel lovers.

DS27: cheese soup. I tried some and it was good, the beer tasted pretty strong to me. I liked it with the pretzel bread. I wasn’t too crazy about the other two breadsticks though as they were pretty tough.

Entrees:
    Me: the new bouillabaisse that was just added to the menu. Okay, I don’t have the official description but it had mussels, two grilled shrimp, and two large scallops in a spicy type broth with couscous. It was good; I wasn’t overly fond of the broth though. It would have tasted better to me if it had some tomato in it. It was served in a slanted bowl with 1 piece of pita bread (felt stale). Overall, I would not order this again unless I really wanted some seafood.

DS21: petite filet, she really loved this. Taking a cue from my earlier mistake at Kona, she ordered it medium which was perfect. The cream cheese mashed potatoes were really good too. They rivaled Kona’s mashed potatoes. She did not find the portion too small after eating all of the mussels for an appetizer, she was getting pretty full.

DS27: steak burger, cheddar, and add on grilled mushrooms, side of potato salad. This was SO good! The burger was juicy and tasted like steak. The cheddar was not too strong and the potato salad was a little spicy and different. I was jealous of this burger; it was definitely how a steak burger should taste.

Ok, now for a little aside on the title of this trip report. Those hard core food fans can skip ahead to dessert. When we sat down we got a decent table, not too close to anyone else, or so we thought. Then the table next to us settled in. The Grandma at that table was literally the Grandma from Hell (hereinafter, GFH). She was “a lady”, she was “a business woman” and above all she was an expert on the South Beach diet. How do I know all this? This woman talked loud, talked forcefully, and NEVER shut up. I was so happy when their meals finally arrived, I thought finally she would quit for a few minutes. Unfortunately, that was not the case the motor mouth kept on running. Until….that blessed potato salad came onto the scene. My sister had let me try a little of hers and I said “That’s good; it has a little kick to it”. It is very mild, something I would let my little ones eat.

Well imagine our surprise when we notice a strange silence. Yes, she had quit talking for more then 30 seconds, what was going on? We look over and she is clasping her mouth and her eyes are bugging out. The waitress had just stopped over to ask how the food was and her husband exclaimed “She’s choking, how do you think it is?” The waitress replied “Oh no, that’s not good! Are you okay?”

I was relishing the silence. Sorry but I was, I’m not going to lie to you.

GFH then uncovered her mouth and said “That potato salad is burning hot, why didn’t you warn me?” She glared at the waitress. The waitress answered “It does have a little kick. I’m sorry”. "A little kick!" GFH bellowed, she was outraged!. The waitress then offered GFH a complimentary glass of wine to help with the heat and brought her some French fries. GFH pointedly ignored the waitress for the rest of the meal, even when she asked her direct questions.

Well, I thought, at least that should quiet her down. But no, then she started in on her grandson who was a little overweight. The poor kid had made the mistake of eating a pretzel bread with his cheese soup. Then she started a lecture that literally lasted the rest of our meal on the phases of the South Beach diet, how he was a failure, how she had mastered it, all while she continued to munch on French fries. It was priceless.

Ok, aside over. Here were our desserts:
    Me: the new cherry shortcake. It was like a small biscuit/scone type shortcake with almonds in it, a cherry sauce covering it and some lavender ice cream. It was nice and light, and good. It wasn’t exceptional though. Probably a B+

DS21: the duo of sorbet. Both good and light. She was too full for anything else.
    DS27: nothing, too full.

So overall, Le Cellier was an interesting experience. Both of my sisters love the place and will be back. Next time I won’t be stupid and order a bunch of seafood at a steak place. If I was paying OOP I would definitely get the steak burger, it was excellent quality and a good value. Just be prepared with the knowledge that the potato salad has a little kick.

Hope you are enjoying my lengthy reviews that maybe are too much like a trip report?? But the rest will be shorter, I promise. More focused on food and less on all of the interesting characters at WDW.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Default Part 3

Day 2, Part 2

After our large lunch at Le Cellier we returned to OKW to rest for a bit. After a few hours of regaining our strength, we split up and headed out into the evening.

DS21 and I headed back to Epcot to enjoy a few more attractions and watch Illuminations. DS27 and DM headed off to DTD for some shopping and dinner reservations at Wolfgang Puck Café.

At Epcot DS21 and I hit some of the attractions we had previously missed, Spaceship Earth (cute, reminded me of COP), Honey I Shrunk the Audience (not as good as It's Tough to be a Bug, imo ), and a few others.

We then decided to get a CS meal in Japan and split it, we had been looking forward to trying the Tonosama Combination at Yakitori. So she grabbed an inside table and I got in line. And I stood in line, and stood in line, and then for a change of pace, I stood in line some more. This place is SO SLOW! I finally get to the cashier and tell her I’m on the DDP, she replies “You can only get 1, 3, or 5”. Of course none of those are the Tonosama Combination, and none of them are ones we would eat. GRRR! Why couldn’t they have noted this on the signs or menus? Instead I left line and kissed 15 minutes of my Epcot time good-bye.

At this point we were moderately hungry, tired, hot, and just wanted to get an early seat for Illuminations. Finally we decided to grab a CS from China and split it. I headed off while my sister sat on a bench and held our seats.

The CS staff in China is SO friendly! They were all very enthusiastic and helpful. I ordered the sesame chicken salad, ginger caramel ice cream for dessert. The salad had about 5 pieces of cold chicken breast covered with sesame seeds, lots of iceberg lettuce, carrot shreds, etc. The dressing was really good, soy tasting and not sweet as I had feared. We split it and it was enough for us. I liked the ice cream, though it had many chunks of ginger in it, my sister was not too fond of it. It was definitely different though, and light.

Meanwhile, my DM and DS27 were enjoying dinner at WGPC. Well, enjoying most of their dinner anyway. Beverages were just soda.
    Apps: DS27: crab cakes, she enjoyed these said they were very different from Kona’s crab cakes, more like the traditional version, but not too bready. DM: the squash soup. She liked it, didn't rave about it though.
    Entrees: DS27: Wolf’s Steak. She loved this, very tender and good flavor.
    DM: Wolf-fredo Fettuccine with chicken, pancetta in a parmesan cream sauce. She did not like this at all. There were chunks of very fatty pancetta in the pasta which really ruined the dish for her. She was not impressed with the dish and didn’t eat most of it; she said the pancetta ruined it for her. We were all very understanding, asking her for the rest of the trip is she wanted a side of pancetta with that
    Desserts: Key Lime pie, they reported it was good. No rave reviews about the desserts. They didn’t bring any home so that means something.

Up next, Day 3, CS at POFQ, Earl, WGPE, and dinner at Spoodles
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Default Part 4

Day 3, Part 1 CS Adventures

We all slept in on Day 3, didn’t roll out of bed until 8:30. This was our day to just enjoy the resort. We spent time down at the pool, read books, and did something we don’t do at home (at least not those of us with small children or husbands) RELAXED!

After a few hours of not doing much, we decided to head out for lunch. Mom and I hit the bus to DTD, with plans of lunch at POFQ. My two sisters headed off to DTD for shopping and lunch at EofS and WGPE.

After a nice long bus ride, we arrived at POFQ. The theme of this resort is so cute. We grabbed lunch at the CS restaurant and enjoyed it outside in "the Quarter".
    Me: ice tea, cheese steak with fries, beignets
    DM: soda, muffaletta with homemade chips, brownie
    My meal was decent, the fries were good and hot and the cheese steak was average. It was a bit on the greasy side and I only ended up eating half of it.

My DM’s meal, on the other hand, was awesome! The muffaletta and the homemade chips, WOW! YUM! I am a sucker for homemade chips and these were good chips, crispy and not too salty. The Muffaletta had soft, toasty bread, warm salami and ham, melty cheese, and a delicious olive spread that was not too salty but still had an excellent olive kick. It just all came together so nicely to create a really delicious sandwich. The sandwich was good size and it came with a nice helping of chips, but we managed to eat it all.

The beignets were good, we ate those first since they deflate rather fast and become too chewy. I received 3 beignets for my DDP dessert. They would have been better with coffee, but who wants hot coffee when its 88 degrees? The brownie was really good too. It was fresh, soft, and more like chocolate cake with a really fudgy frosting.

I will be back in September and I will order the muffaletta, and I’m not sharing! It was really that good.

Meanwhile, my sisters were getting their favorites at DTD. DS21 is a major EofS freak. She likes to eat there at least 3 times every trip. Her first stop of the trip, she ordered the old stand-by, the Original. She reported it was as good as ever. She got a chocolate chip cookie for dessert; I ate it later that night. It wasn’t very good in my opinion, too hard and tasted too much like brown sugar.

DS27 headed over to her favorite stop in all of DTD, Goofy’s Candy Shop. Can I just say that this place is pretty much a snack credit dream?

You can get make your own rice krispie treats (so good, soft and chewy and fresh), sandwich cookies (oreo like cookie with chocolate, vanilla, or pb filling), pretzel rods, gingerbread cookies. You choose the dip (milk chocolate, white, or dark), the toppings (oreo crumbs, pecans, m&m pieces, mini chocolate and white chips, butterfinger, reese’s pb cup), and then the drizzle (milk chocolate, white, or dark, or caramel). These things are freshly made and delicious!

My sister always gets the pretzel rods because you can get 3 for 1 snack credit, and you can customize each pretzel rod. I’m sure the cast members really appreciate that!

This time she got the pretzels dipped in milk chocolate, topped with pecans, and drizzled with caramel. Yeah, turtle pretzels and they were SO GOOD! Later in the trip we all got rice krispie treats (I even brought one home on the plane for my DH), they were excellent.

I highly recommend this place for snack credits, this is also the home of the make your own slushy cup for $8 (not a SC) and make your own pixie sticks, and several other awesome candy things. If you go there in September and see a family with four boys loading up on make your own treats, make sure you say Hi!

DS27 stopped off at WGPE after her rendezvous with the Goofy’s pretzel sticks and grabbed an unsweetened mango ice tea, a pepperoni pizza, and a brownie. WGPE has such great food for CS! The pepperoni pizza was definitely enough for two, and it had a major garlic kick! Beware if you aren’t a fan of garlic! Luckily, we love it. The brownie was the unfrosted kind, but it did have chocolate chips in it. Overall, a nice quality CS with really good choices.

Up next……..dinner at Spoodles.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

For now off the top of my head the one place that I will never go to again is SCI FI...the service was terrible and so was the food.

We all loved Mama Melrose and Coral Reef. Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at the Polyensian Resort was pretty good the kids loved it along with dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Kids and husband did not like dinner at the Polynesian said they wouldn't do that again.

WCC at Wilderness Lodge was also good...

That's all I can think of for now...... can't wait to hear what others liked to addto my list for next year

Sunshine Rewards

Default And Part 4 - Whew!

Spoodles, Day 4, and final thoughts

After retiring to OKW for a few hours of sun and rest, it was time to get ready for our dinner ADR at Spoodles. We hopped on the bus and headed off to DTD to catch a bus to the Boardwalk. As usual, the hour we allotted to reach Boardwalk did not prove to be enough time. We arrived at Spoodles five minutes late for our ADR, but that was not a problem. The restaurant was not crowded, probably 2/3 full. We waited for a table for about 10 minutes and were then seated.

Spoodles has a nice atmosphere. It feels light and open, as opposed to dark and crowded (which both Kona and Le Cellier felt like to me) and has a definite Mediterranean vibe. Our waiter was fine, a little slow and forgetful, but otherwise fine. He did tell us there were no specials because the menu was so new. Yet all through dinner we kept hearing the chefs yelling out “Special up” and during dessert we heard them yell “86 the special” (restaurant talk for stop selling it/we’re out of it) so we weren’t too happy about that.

Drinks were just standard sodas, we asked what was available for a beverage on the DDP, but were not told any cool non-alcoholic specialty drinks or anything. We were served bread with dipping oil. The bread was similar in texture to foccacia and the olive oil had herbs and spices in it, but not real strong. It was good, not amazing or anything.

Appetizers were as follows:

Me: Lamb kebabs. I like lamb and this was about 4 decent size chunks of lamb meat on a skewer with harissa sauce and a little salad of chick peas tossed with herbs and spices. The lamb was cooked medium, tender and didn’t have any fat/gristle. This was very good, except I wished I had asked for the harissa sauce on the side, it was a bit overpowering. The harissa was not spicy hot, just very strong on the flavors of cumin, sweet red pepper (could have been sweet paprika), and coriander. The chick pea salad that the lamb rested on was very refreshing. It had a light olive oil/lemon juice and fresh herb flavor. Overall, the lamb was a nice change of pace and fit well with the theme of Spoodles.

DM: Margherita Flatbread with vine-ripened tomatoes, basil, fresh mozzarella cheese. This was very good, tasted like a gourmet pizza or like bruschetta. She liked it; it is definitely big enough for sharing if you want a light appetizer.

DS21: Four Cheese Flatbread with roasted garlic puree. She liked it, but only ate 2 pieces. It is very rich and filling. When I tasted it I was not prepared for the garlic kick! Wow, this is garlicky! I figured it would be cheesier, but it tasted more like a flatbread version of cheesy garlic bread.

DS27: Mediterranean Dips with toasted pita, marinated olives and almonds. This was the winner of the appetizers. It has beautiful presentation and a nice variety of dips with fresh pita bread. The best dips were the tzatziki, the feta dip, and the hummus. The feta dip is a feta cheese lovers dream! We all agreed that we would order this again, and really it would have been enough for the four of us to share as an appetizer.

Entrees were not really exciting. By this point we were actually getting a little burnt out on eating. I never thought that would happen!

Me: Red Snapper. This was very good. This fish was firm and well cooked and seasoned. The couscous that went with it was very good too and I was happy it was served in a tomato based broth. The “greens” was just a sprinkling of spring greens, not really wilted and not a substantial amount. I managed to finish the whole piece of fish, though I was getting stuffed.

DM: Pork chop. She was a little thrown off when our server asked how she would like it cooked. She got it medium-well and it was excellent, very tender and flavorful. She didn’t really comment much on the accompaniments.

DS21 and DS27: shrimp linguini with preserved lemons. They both liked this and really enjoyed the shrimp. There were probably about 6 large shrimp in a large bowl of pasta. The lemons are pretty strong and both of them ended up picking them out. Honestly, they only at the shrimp and just a bit of the pasta. By this point in the meal, they were too full to make any kind of dent in the pasta.

Desserts were hit or miss.

Me: White chocolate orange cake. I didn’t like this; the orange glaze on top was completely overwhelming. The texture of the cake was good, but even after I scraped off the glaze it was just too “orangey” tasting for me. Luckily, my DM really likes orange so she traded desserts with me.

DM: gelato. This was vanilla gelato with some chopped almonds in it served with a sweet cherry sauce and a piece of almond brittle. The menu says bark, but when I see bark I think chocolate, and this was more like a very thin piece of brittle (almonds, butter, sugar baked until crisp). It was very good gelato.

DS21: Chocolate Apricot Pistachio Cake. This was very delicious; it had a rich chocolate flavor from the cake and the ganache like frosting. It is dense and filling. The apricot/pistachio filling is not overwhelming in taste, just adds a nice hint of citrus and nut flavors to the dessert.

DS27: Vanilla Bean Crème Brulee with biscotti. This was the best dessert in my opinion. The crème brulee was light and sweet and just delicious, the baked sugar on top melted in your mouth. I was very jealous that I didn’t order this.

Overall, I would give Spoodles a solid A-, I wasn’t blown away by it, but it was a nice change of pace from the other TS restaurants. It has a very nice atmosphere (though it can be a little loud) and the setting of the Boardwalk is cool. I really appreciate the different menu choices that Spoodles offers.

Alas, when return in the fall we will not be dining at Spoodles or Le Cellier. We are anxious to try different TS restaurants and really the only one that I could see returning to with my family for a repeat visit so soon is Kona. Kona has a lot to offer for both adventurous and non-adventurous eaters and the setting is good for families.

Our last day went by in a blur, even though our flight wasn’t until 5pm that night. We woke up later then we wanted to, and check out was at 11. So again, breakfast in the room and then lunch at DTD before catching the ME.

We used up the rest of our snack credits at Goofy’s, grabbing make your own rice krispie treats, bunches of Mickey head suckers, etc. It was really nice to be able to use SC to get souvenirs. Saved us even more money!!

Lunch was EofS for some of us and WGPE for others. I had the ham sandwich from WGPE served with homemade chips , unsweetened mango ice tea, and a triple chocolate cookie for dessert. The sandwich and chips were great! Unfortunately, they were out of crème brulee, so I had to settle for the cookie which I ate later at the airport. It was good, just ordinary though.

Overall, DTD is a great place to go to get food on the last day. EofS wraps the sandwiches and WGPE will make your food “to go”, so these are both good stops to grab lunch for the car ride or plane ride home.

Concluding thoughts:

I was concerned that the DDP might not be enough food since you don’t get 3 meals a day. It’s definitely enough food. We really didn’t feel hungry much at all. Sometimes it was hard to get motivated to eat more, go to dinner, and order everything at the TS restaurants. It was a great experience though, I’m so glad we tried it. We were able to order new things, order what we wanted without worrying about price, and not have to worry about tip, carrying cash, etc.

We did not having charging privileges on our cards to avoid any mistakes. We also kept close track of our credits and did not have any problems.

Sharing CS meals is a good plan. Many of the CS meals are big enough to share and it makes it easier to try a lot of things and not waste a lot of food.

After the first day we didn’t bother with bringing home leftovers. Even though we had a fridge, it was pretty full of leftovers after the first few meals and no one was really hungry enough to eat them. We ended up throwing out quite a few things on our last day.

OKW has coffee pots in the room and they provide you with some coffee and little creamers. Knowing this we brought a small can of coffee so we didn’t have to request more. Be prepared that cans of tea/coffee/cocoa must be sealed to go on the plane in a carry-on bag and they will be checked by security. The gift shop at OKW has cartons of half and half for $1.65 or so. This made the trip so much better for me and DM as we like to drink coffee a couple of times through the day and don’t care for powdered creamers or non-dairy creamer.

If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. I will be back at the end of September with reviews of: Yacht Club Galley, ‘Ohana Character Breakfast, ‘Ohana’s dinner, and Whispering Canyon Café.

Thanks for reading!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

OK, I am officially starving...

Thanks for the reviews!

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mseg16222 View Post
    For now off the top of my head the one place that I will never go to again is SCI FI...the service was terrible and so was the food.

We all loved Mama Melrose and Coral Reef. Breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at the Polyensian Resort was pretty good the kids loved it along with dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Kids and husband did not like dinner at the Polynesian said they wouldn't do that again.

WCC at Wilderness Lodge was also good...

That's all I can think of for now...... can't wait to hear what others liked to addto my list for next year

Did you at Kona or 'Ohana at the Polynesian for dinner?

I'm starting to second guess 'Ohana after some of the reviews I have heard.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by VanniGirl View Post
    OK, I am officially starving...

Thanks for the reviews!

Yeah, reading about all of that food again makes me hungry too!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie