Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dining Reviews

We ate at Ohana for DInner. My kids were hungry when we left my husband said he wasn't impressed with the food and didn't eat a lot. I didn't think it was bad at all, but I am the least picky out of all of us.

Sunshine Rewards

Default Table Service Dining Reviews 7/12/07-7/14/07

I was trying to do a nice chart with ratings from DD, DH and myself, but I can't get it to come out the way I want, so I'll just post my general reviews with a few comments from the rest of the family where appropriate. Here goes:

7/12-7/14 DDP

7/12/07 Liberty Tree Tavern

Food-Just barely average
    Atmosphere-Average
    Service-Above average
    Character Interaction-I voted average only, DD and DH thought it was a little better than that.

Summary: Other character dinners are better. Save your money on this one. We will not go back.

7/13/07 Coral Reef

Food-Excellent
    Atmosphere- Excellent
    Service-Excellent

Summary: We all LOVED the Coral Reef!! We all ordered the Steak, and it was superb!! We would definately go back if on the dining plan, but not without it. Our bill was around $186 for the three of us. Wouldn't pay that much out of pocket.

7/14/07 Mama Melrose (Fantasmic package)

Food-Average-Below Average
    Atmosphere-Average
    Service-Above average

Summary: I was disappointed with MM. It gets a lot of hype and mixed reviews, and we chose it hoping it would prove all the negative reviews wrong. Well, we were really split on this one. We live in RI and have loads of really awesome Italian Rest. around, so MM really couldn't compare. Anyway, DD really liked her chicken parm, but it was the only thing on the menu that she even would consider. It was nothing I couldn't make at home though. DH liked his pork marsala, but his calamari app. was tough. I got the sirloin, and it was so tough I could barely cut it. I struggled to eat a few bites of it. The only real bright spot for us at MM was that our waiter was really excellent. I probably should have complained about my steak and sent it back, but we really wanted to get back to other things, so I didn't bother. We were glad we had done the Fantismic package though, because only 1 show that night and it was packed! Lat time we did Hollywood and Vine and enjoyed it much better. We would do H&V again, but NOT MM. Too bad.

More reviews to come...
    Sunshine Rewards

My reviews from my trip in March of last year

First day-
    Columbia Harbor House: Vegetarian Chili-I had great veggie chili at DCA in August, so I was hopeful, but this was blah.
    Snack-Dole Whip-My first! Very good.
    Dinner: Earl of Sandwich-I had a caprese sandwich, which I loved, and the lemonade.

Second day:
    Riverside food court: Kids pancakes, no meat. Good, although I seem to remember them being Mickey-shaped four years ago.
    Alfredo's: the eponymous fettuccine-holy __. Quite possibly one of the best meals I've had in my life. High recommended.
    Lefse in Norway: Not good. Blah. Basically a tortilla with cinnamon sugar.
    Dinner: Tossed salad at Pecos Bill's. Good, not great.

Third day:
    Riverside Food court: Croissant. Very good.
    Lunch: Kids' quesadilla at Pizzafari. Not good.
    Dinner: Fantasmic dinner package at Mama Melrose's. Mixed Greens Salad (ok, I'm not a mixed greens fan), Four Cheese Flatbread (great!), Eggplant Napoleon (great), Tiramisu (good). I also had good sangria. I was glad I did the dinner, as I got a lot of food, and Fantasmic was packed (this was on March 20, the previous few Fantasmics had been cancelled). It is a hike to the seats, though.

Fourth day:
    Riverside food court: Croissant. Good.
    Planet Hollywood: Pasta Pomodoro. It was great. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I love PH.
    Riverside food court: Cheese pizza. It was good, but could have been sliced better.

Fifth day:
    Chef Mickey's: Very good food, I loved the biscuits, but my waitress did a poor job. Characters were good though. This has been the highlight of my nephews trips though, so I'm hesitant to write it off.
    Boma (Dinner): Fabulous. Great carrot ginger soup, falafel. Highly recommended.

Sixth day:
    Popcorn: I had MK popcorn for breakfast. I will never be a role model.
    Lunch: Veggie Panini at Tony's. I liked it, and Tony's has great atmosphere.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    My reviews from my trip in March of last year

First day-
    Columbia Harbor House: Vegetarian Chili-I had great veggie chili at DCA in August, so I was hopeful, but this was blah.
    Snack-Dole Whip-My first! Very good.
    Dinner: Earl of Sandwich-I had a caprese sandwich, which I loved, and the lemonade.

Second day:
    Riverside food court: Kids pancakes, no meat. Good, although I seem to remember them being Mickey-shaped four years ago.
    Alfredo's: the eponymous fettuccine-holy __. Quite possibly one of the best meals I've had in my life. High recommended.
    Lefse in Norway: Not good. Blah. Basically a tortilla with cinnamon sugar.
    Dinner: Tossed salad at Pecos Bill's. Good, not great.

Third day:
    Riverside Food court: Croissant. Very good.
    Lunch: Kids' quesadilla at Pizzafari. Not good.
    Dinner: Fantasmic dinner package at Mama Melrose's. Mixed Greens Salad (ok, I'm not a mixed greens fan), Four Cheese Flatbread (great!), Eggplant Napoleon (great), Tiramisu (good). I also had good sangria. I was glad I did the dinner, as I got a lot of food, and Fantasmic was packed (this was on March 20, the previous few Fantasmics had been cancelled). It is a hike to the seats, though.

Fourth day:
    Riverside food court: Croissant. Good.
    Planet Hollywood: Pasta Pomodoro. It was great. I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I love PH.
    Riverside food court: Cheese pizza. It was good, but could have been sliced better.

Fifth day:
    Chef Mickey's: Very good food, I loved the biscuits, but my waitress did a poor job. Characters were good though. This has been the highlight of my nephews trips though, so I'm hesitant to write it off.
    Boma (Dinner): Fabulous. Great carrot ginger soup, falafel. Highly recommended.

Sixth day:
    Popcorn: I had MK popcorn for breakfast. I will never be a role model.
    Lunch: Veggie Panini at Tony's. I liked it, and Tony's has great atmosphere.

Too funny!! I'm lovin' all of the reviews! Keep 'em coming!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Default Table Service Dining Reviews 7/15/07-7/20/07

Here are the rest of our Table Service Reviews. We were NOT on the Dining plan for this part of our trip. The bulk of these meals was paid for through Giftcards earned through SR!!!!

7/15/07 Rainforest Cafe-DTD-lunch

Food-above Average
    Atmosphere-excellent
    service-excellent

We had never eaten here before. I had made ressies at AK for RC, but we changed our plans and went to the DTD location instead. I took advice of lots of folks and went to a relatively local location ahead of time and signed up for the Safari Club about a month before our trip. I was EXTREMELY glad I did!! The "stand by" wait was around 2 hours long, but we used our Safari Club "fastpass" and were seated within about 15 minutes!! Definately worth the $ to join!!!!!
    We were seated right next to a beautiful aquarium. Couldn't have had a better location, and our waitress was awesome. DD had a HUGE Icee in a collector cup...that went over big! Also she was able to order from the kids menu at RC, which was nice, because while on the dining plan she was considered an adult at 10 years old, and had WAY too much food for her! She got a kids meal, I had a sandwich, and dh had a burger, I think. Everything was great, and we really enjoyed ourselves! Definately don't bring really little kids who might be afraid of the thunder, and don't go if you want a quiet meal. We paid using 2 giftcards, and had a great time!

7/18/07 Whispering Canyon Cafe lunch

food-above average
    atmosphere-average/above average
    service-average/above average

We decided to go to WCC partly to check out Wilderness Lodge. Took the boat over from MK, which was enjoyable. WCC was not really what I expected. I didn't expect it to be open to the lobbly like it was. Anyway, that wasn't a problem or anything...just didn't expect that.

We did have one big issue at Wcc...We got seated and got our drinks delivered without a problem, and we were right next to a very large party who had several tables put together. When the waitress came over to their table they were all really squished in, so she offered to move the tables aroud a bit to fit them better. Well this was fine for them, but we got very jostled in the process, and ended up squeezed in right next to them with absolutely no room to spare. DD couldn't push her chair out or move AT ALL!We had to ask to move to another table, which we did with no problem. We just felt that they should have asked us if we minded moving ahead of time, with all this jostling going on, and saved us having to ask, and being made to feel like we were a problem.

Once we were moved, things went smoothly. DH got the skillet lunch, which he liked (we all ate his cornbread), I had the pulled pork sandwich, which was huge, and very good, and DD was able to order from the kids menu with no questions asked, which was a big plus! No shenannigans by our waiter. He was very polite and attentive, but not fun like many of the other servers were with the other tables. We did do the pony thing, and played along with the rest of the place as things took place, but nothing fun at our table at all.

Summary: Good food and relatively fun place. We enjoyed looking around WL, but will probably not eat there again.

7/19/07 Sci-Fi Dine in Theater (MGM)-lunch

Food-excellent
    atmosphere-excellent
    service-excellent

We loved Sci-FI!! I noticed someone earlier in the thread didn't have a good review, but we really enjoyed it! I had a burger, which was awesome!! DH really enjoyed his reuben, and DD was able to order from the kids menu and got a hot dog. We all ordered a shake (dd's oreo one was to die for, but ours were good too!) Our waiter was very cool and joked around with us a lot. DD sat in the front seat and got her driver's license from the waiter after some bantering back and forth.

Summary: We love Sci-fi and will definately go back!!!!

7/20/07 Chef Mickey's breakfast
    (check-out day, boo-hoo, our only scheduled breakfast)

food-excellent
    atmosphere-above average/excellent
    service-excellent
    character interaction-above average/excellent

Great food choices and all done well, we left very full!! We were seated in the main room, which was great for our first visit here. Characters were good with the exception of Mickey...he was a dud! DH joked around with Donald quite a bit and that was fun. 5 characters, so we thought that was cool. One of the cast members gave DD 2 cast Tink pins on our way out...that was definately a hit!

We will definately do this one again!! It was a great way to send us on our way and to end our Disney trip for this time around!!

Hope the review are helpful to someone...I will post counter service reviews later.
    Sunshine Rewards

Great reviews! I'm glad to hear that the food at WCC is good, I was worried that it would be based more on atmosphere than food.

I'm not telling the kids anything about the antics there, hopefully that way no one will get their hopes up if they don't happen.

The boys are excited to go there b/c they think it looks like a "real" cowboy restaurant
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I know this is a Disney restaurant board but I must say that we just spent some time at Universal IOA and had lunch at Mythos. Undescribably delish! The shrimp tempura sushi appetizer was to die for and then I had a pork tenderloin with pistachio and (I think) raspberry crumbly, crunchy topping. Came with a risotto that was SO GOOD! I wanted to try this restaurant since it's been rated the best theme park restaurant for 3 or 4 years straight and it didn't disappoint. It surpassed any meal I've ever had at Disney.

The atmosphere was great - themed like a cave in Atlantis or some other mythical place. Park was pretty empty so we were seated immediately and served promptly. Will definitely eat there again if we go to IOA.
    Sunshine Rewards

7/12/07 Liberty Tree Tavern

Food-Just barely average
    Atmosphere-Average
    Service-Above average
    Character Interaction-I voted average only, DD and DH thought it was a little better than that.

Summary: Other character dinners are better. Save your money on this one. We will not go back.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm surprised you didn't have better character interaction, we have eaten 5 times and it has always been great, the character always spend a good amount of time and 3 of the times have come around twice. Once we had Meiko take one of our rolls and stick it in his ear, my dd's were cracking up.

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Our all-time favorites are:

Columbia Harbor House - Great CS - We love the tuna sandwich and clam chowder - Make s a nice light lunch

Peco's Bill Cafe - Yummy Burgers - I love a good burger and I really like the fixins bar

Maya Grill - We really loved this place. My husband and son loved the duck. Our appetizers were awesome. I got the seafood skillet (gulf shrimp, baby clams & mussels in a zesty tomato and garlic sauce served in a mini cast iron skillet with bread for dipping) OMG awesome! This was my favorite appetizer of the trip. My husband and son LOVED the duck (duck confit in mole sauce) and the deep fried cheesecake was a family favorite. They also serve flatbread with an awesome chimichurri sauce that I could have ate with a spoon it was so good.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe - I got the crab cakes, which were great! The calamari here was also very good, nice and lightly fried and not greasy at all. I order the pumpkin ravioli and can see what everyone raves about...it was amazing. My husband got the sushi, which was very good, very fresh and nicely prepared. None of us were blown away by the desserts here, but everything else was so good that we didn't mind at all.

Wolfgang Puck Express - This is a family favorite. We have never ordered anything we didn't like. Pizzas are awesome, the sandwiches are awesome, the pasta is awesome...we love this place!

Narcoossee's - We had high expectations for this one and they were all surpassed. Awesome in everyway. Service was great; cocktails (fun fancy 'Florida' drinks) were yummy. We ordered mussels, crab cakes, calamari and chowder for our appetizers and they were all wonderful. The mussels were impressive, served in a cool bowl with lots of garlic wine butter to sop up... We all ordered the surf and turf, and it was wonderful other than the lobster being slightly overcooked. Our favorite dessert of the whole trip was here...the Almond-crusted Cheesecake with Lambert Cherry Sauce...OMG is all I can say! We went back again (not on the dining plan) and went here just for dessert to have this again.

I am making myself hungry...I want to go back!!
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

I love hearing the dining reviews but some of mine may change with all of the changes and cost increases to the dining plan

Sunshine Rewards