Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dining Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by shmily1 View Post
    First and probably most important concerning food, I had heard that Handy Manny was to be at H & V starting on May 9th so I booked that for breakfast so that DGS9months could see him. He loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Handy Manny!! On May 11, we went to H & V for breakfast at 8:10, which is a great time to go since there is hardly anyone there and you can walk right down the middle of DHS without many people being there (like us and two others!) and it's an awesome feeling! We got to DHS about 7:50, got through security, and was at H & V about 8:00. We were seated less than 5 minutes later. The service at H & V was great! Our server was Charlie and he was very attentive. The food was the normal breakfast food with chorizo and eggs added in and everyone in our group thought the food was great. We all left stuffed and ready for a big day of watching Playhouse Disney over and over and over!! (You'll do anything for a grandchild!)

Back to the characters. First we saw JoJo. DGS wasn't sure about him but he interacted with him anyway. Then Leo came over. He was warming up by this time and was ok with him. Then June came over... he was terrified of her. He didn't look like it to her face but would turn and look at us like he was about to mess up his britches!! This was all before we ever got a plate! We got our food and sat back down and Handy Manny came over. He loved him!!! By this time, it was time for the singing and dancing so we took DGS over to that area and wouldn't you know it, they sang the Hot Dog song!! DGS was just beside himself! The characters came back around again--he was still terrified of June!-- and we stayed for one more round of the singing and dancing. We were out of H & V by 9:05 and were off to TSM. I would definitely do this again and again! Well, maybe I would hide him in the bathroom when June came by next time!

The other thing I wanted to tell you was that when we ate at Pinnochio Village House, there was an added menu item that wasn't on the menu but on a piece of paper on the cash register. It was chicken parmegian with orzo. I'm a fool for some rice so of course I had to try it! It was awesome!! I would highly recommend it! I forgot to take pictures of it or I'd post them but it was a plate full and was great tasting.

Here's a pic of Manny with DD and DGS.

Thanks for the review!! I love the little tips about specials at CS restaurants and info on the character meals!

My little girl is about to turn 2 next month and she is addicted to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! It is the only tv show she watches and she loves it! So do the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters show up at the H&V breakfast?

I wonder when they are going to retire Jojo and Leo, are they even on Playhouse Disney anymore? I bet most kids don't even know who they are!

That is so cool about the Hot Dog song -- my daughter would love that too

Thanks for sharing with us!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Seriously not the best thread to be hanging out in when you just join weight watchers!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    Thanks for the review!! I love the little tips about specials at CS restaurants and info on the character meals!

My little girl is about to turn 2 next month and she is addicted to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse! It is the only tv show she watches and she loves it! So do the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse characters show up at the H&V breakfast?

I wonder when they are going to retire Jojo and Leo, are they even on Playhouse Disney anymore? I bet most kids don't even know who they are!

That is so cool about the Hot Dog song -- my daughter would love that too

Thanks for sharing with us!
    I don't think JoJo is on Playhouse Disney anymore. DGS sure didn't know who they are by the look on his face. I sure wish I could have captured some of those looks we got when June was with him!

The MMC characters are not at H & V but they do sing the song from the beginning of the show as well as the Hot Dog Song. Usually, when we are at home watching that and those songs come on, we dance around while I hold him. When we were there, his mama was holding him and he looked at me like "why isn't she dancing?"

I hope your DD gets to see it soon! It is sooo much fun--especially if you do the PHD shows during the day!! Oh, and something about that, there's one girl that is great and one that's just so so... she bored me.
    Sunshine Rewards

Graduate of the College of Disney Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by momof3lovebugs View Post
    Seriously not the best thread to be hanging out in when you just join weight watchers!
    I'm already a WW flunky!! I only made it for my first three months and I only lost 2 lbs!! I figured they were just laughing when I went to weigh!! I did go to all the meetings though and was only signed up for the first three months anyway.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by shmily1 View Post
    I'm already a WW flunky!! I only made it for my first three months and I only lost 2 lbs!! I figured they were just laughing when I went to weigh!! I did go to all the meetings though and was only signed up for the first three months anyway.
    the first time I did it I lost 17lbs so i know it works IF you stick with the program which I intend to this time.I have NO intention of going to wdw and being confused for Jabba while I'm on Star Tours.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

Quote Originally Posted by momof3lovebugs View Post
    the first time I did it I lost 17lbs so i know it works IF you stick with the program which I intend to this time.I have NO intention of going to wdw and being confused for Jabba while I'm on Star Tours.
    I found out what my problem was--I could never find fried chicken fingers on the zero points list!! I love chicken fingers but more than that, I love Coke Classic!! I think I would have cut back on those, but at the first meeting, we were talking among a group of my friends and I was looking at the books when I discovered that my drinks were 3 points each... I only had 20 points per day and drink more than that in a day!! We were discussing this and laughing that I couldn't eat anything for the next three months and this woman sitting there listening to us said in a smart voice "Oh no!! You HAVE to give those up!! You can't be drinking those!!" That pretty much set the tone for the rest of my membership....
    Sunshine Rewards