Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions re DVC Purchase

Quote Originally Posted by kimkatmom View Post
    Yes we did! It was a great room overlooking the garden and the river. But like Dude, we have always wanted to stay overlooking the Boardwalk. We're all going to have to work on the secret of procuring those rooms!

We went into the ROFR process today. I don't think we'll have any problem -- we offered the asking price.

Leslye
    book @ 9 am @ the 11 month window

we luv our 'home' @ the BW (yet prefer our 1st one WL even better)

we always book the standard rooms; in addition to being cheapand needing to stretch our points...im a light sleeper & the BW & pool areas can get boisterous

good luck!
    Sunshine Rewards

Default UY and why it's important

I own 150 points at SSR UY Dec. Now I LOVE the resort... the ambiance the location by DTD.

Dec. UY is great for Christmas stays and I also like to go in January after the holidays when everything is quiet. But having said that, there were a couple of times I had to cancel a booking With a Dec. UY I had plenty of time to either rebook or bank the points. So if you are planning on going at that time of year, it's a super UY to have.

I'm looking to do an add-on at Boardwalk to take advantage of the 11 month booking window for Food and Wine in the Fall. A December UY would be a disaster for this since if I had to cancel, I would be beyond my banking window... so I'd have to struggle to use them before Nov. 30 or lose them

You can do an add-on even at a sold out resort through Disney, however, your UY will be whatever you original contract is... and I know I don't want a Dec UY for the Boardwalk. So I have been in contact with Jason at TSS and he is going to let me know when a smaller Boardwalk contract comes up with a UY appropriate to F & W stay in the fall... August would be ideal, but as long as I will be in my banking window, it would be OK.

Don't know whether this helps or is just more confusing, but UY is definitely something to consider!
    Sunshine Rewards