Thread: PayPal for Dummies

Question PayPal for Dummies

I have cashed out several times for Disney cards but I would like to cash out next time through PayPal in order to use the cash on an upcoming trip to Vegas. Problem is that I have no clue how to do it and if I am even eligible.

I have a PayPal account that I use to make payments when I buy an item on eBay but I have never actually received a payment on it. My account is unverifed since I didn't want to give out my bank acct. number. Does this mean that I can't do a PayPal cashout? Could someone please explain exactly how it works? Is the actual payment made through a check? I really am clueless how this works..... can someone please help...

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

You can recieve a payment if you are unverified however you would have to have a bank account to get the money out of your paypal. I think that you can also get a paypal atm/debit type card that you can use to get the money out of your account but I don't know if you would have to pay any kind of fees for that. If you are concerned about your account information you could open an ING savings account online using the banner at the top of the SR forum. Then connect your paypal to that. Once the money is sent to ING from paypal you can connect the ING to your bank account and transfer the money from there. It keeps you from having your main account attached to the paypal. It will mean a few more days of transaction time for the dual transfers but it would mean no fees and no need to have your regular account attached. ING is super easy to set up and they have many security enhancements in place. They also verify your account pretty quickly so you could probably get it all set up and done before the end of the month. IF paypal cooperates with their verification of the account.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for that info...... I really don't think I want to get into the ING thing though. I have tried researching on the PayPal page and it seems to indicate that I could choose my payment by check. I realize that there would be a fee for it. Does anyone know if I can get paid by check without having to give PayPal my bank account number. Does SR just make the payment to PayPal and then I could choose the way I wanted to be paid. Sorry if this is confusing and again to anyone who can help this PayPal dummy!

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

It would seem you can request a check from paypal without entering your information. You will need to make sure you cashout before the end of September and then the funds will go to your paypal around the 15th of October. Then Paypal says it takes 1-2 weeks for your check from them.
    Sunshine Rewards