Thread: Kodak Printers...

Default Kodak Printers...

**I'm not sure if this would go here, so please move it if I put it in the wrong place... Thanks!**

I am looking for a new printer that is an "all in one" printer fax copier... I saw on HSN.com that they have a Kodak printer 5500. I am just wondering if anyone has a Kodak printer. I've mainly had HPs, I haven't been satisfied with any other brand, so switching brands is a big deal. I am a WAHM, so I do a lot of printing throughout the month, so I need something reliable. Kodak states that their ink costs is better than most, which it does look good... but I'm still skeptic...

Does anyone have a Kodak printer?? Any thoughts... Good/bad??
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

Amy

I am curious about this as well. I also only have used HP and was looking into Kodak for a new one (now that I have a kodak digital as well I thought maybe try the kodak printer..all in one of course)

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

i will try to find the site where i read reviews about this printer. almost all the reviews i read had a few things in common. the ink cartridges may be cheaper, BUT this machine uses much more ink than hp's so you really are not saving on ink.

something about the print heads are not the greatest.

anyway, i will try to find the site where i read this. i have decided not to buy it because of all the bad reviews.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

http://reviews.cnet.com/multifunctio....html?tag=rnav

this is the site i read the reviews from. i think i read the 5300 ones. this one is for the 5500's.

enjoy.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

I had a Kodak printer 2 years ago so things may have changed. I do not remember the model number. Before the Kodak we had HP and Canon's and now have an HP again. The Kodak was so-so quality, went through more ink then any other printer we have had and lasted about 1 1/2 years before a roller went bad on it. It was not worth the cost of replacing it considering how well we felt the printer/fax worked. FWIW, I would not purchase a Kodak again. HTH Good luck with your decision.