Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a Vent

Default Just a Vent

has anyone ever had one of those days when everything you touch turns to crap? i do offers - they don't credit, i try to take a survey - it tells me that i have exceeded my limit or there are no surveys available, my computer dies in the middle of an offer so i know it won't credit. i'm not looking for pity here folks - i just wanted to get a few things off my chest. sometimes days can just suck and you have to vent a little. i hope everyone understands and doesn't hate me for how i feel.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I'm not gonna give you pitty but I do understand. I haven't had anything credit in forever. I do see your running tab after a few days and I think to myself if it wasn't for my shopping I would have nothing. I get discouraged when you do an offer that is like 25% cash back and don't get credit. But then I remember it is free money.

i hear what you are saying and you are right - it is free money. what is discouraging to me is that a lot of others get credit for offers and i don't. that's all i'm saying. i'm not begruding anyone as to what offers credit for them please understand that, i'm just venting.

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

lol. I feel ya

I hear you loud and clear I don't want to seem ungrateful to SR because I have earned a lot of extra gift cards for Disney but I also feel better after venting. I've tried 8-9 offers today and only 1 credited. Not a big deal but I feel like banging my head on the keyboard sometimes when I see them crediting for so many people. Everyone has been real helpful and supportive, which really does make me feel better! It's nice to see people going out of their way to try to help.

Good luck to you!
    Sunshine Rewards

kim - for your words. it's nice to know i am not alone (i've done 6 offers and got credit for 2 so i understand how you feel). you are right - everyone here at sr is very supportive and helpful and every now and again you just to say what you think (within reason and with nice language).

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Marcy, have you tried this yet?

Go to Tools ---> Internet Options ---> Privacy Tab (on top) ---> Advanced button (towards middle)

check to make sure there are no sites being blocked.

Only other thing I can think of is email address or ip address.

My completely unfounded theory ( ) is that the advertisers have some sort of cap on how many offers you can do in a certain time. Then they reset their files.

So say the cap is 25 offers every 45 days. If a person has a good start to the month and gets alot of credits, then after 25 nothing seems to credit, but then after a certain time, things start to credit again (they reset). Or sporadic things credit b/c they are from different advertisers.

I think that may be why old timers "seem" to get everything to credit, but that is just b/c they are only doing new offers as they show up. Newer members tend to to more offers in the same period of time as there are so many available (not available to old timers as we already did them...). I know you are not brand new, but just offering an idea to others....

Those numbers above are purely for example!! ....I just know with me if I do to many too fast then they stop crediting.

For email...I use the dot thing with long email names, so basically I'm using a new email address for each offer.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by marcymajor View Post
    has anyone ever had one of those days when everything you touch turns to crap? i do offers - they don't credit, i try to take a survey - it tells me that i have exceeded my limit or there are no surveys available, my computer dies in the middle of an offer so i know it won't credit. i'm not looking for pity here folks - i just wanted to get a few things off my chest. sometimes days can just suck and you have to vent a little. i hope everyone understands and doesn't hate me for how i feel.
    The good news is that it can only go up from here.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Could be worse. You could be like some of the members in Houston with no electricity for A/C or baths much less doing offers LOL. There are always people worse off than us and it really puts things in perspective to consider their circumstances. That is what I do when I get frustrated.
    Sunshine Rewards

I don't know if it makes you feel any better, but you are number 11 on the Big Board, which is WAY ahead of me! I don't know how it compares to your usual month, but sometimes a few bad days can make it seem like you are not doing well when you are doing OK if you look at the whole month. (Just don't compare yourself to Shelly, since she is always the record-setter! )
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards