Thread: Drugstore.com Shipping question

Default Drugstore.com Shipping question

I placed an order the other day for a prescription at drugstore.com after it had been verfified with my doctor and recieved teh shipping confirmation the next day, Friday. It was timestamped 11:55 in my email. The thing is, the tracking information STILL is not updated 2 days later. I'm just a little concerned right now, mainly because I really need this and I goofed and forgot to update my address in their system. It's going to end up at my parents', so the plan is just for them to take it and I would drive up there after work that day.

I was really hoping to have a better idea of when it would come so I can tell my mom when to watch for it (and what day to expect me for dinner). Do you think there's any chance at all this would update tomorrow, or will it probably just stay like this? I'm just worried maybe they wsent me the wrong tracking number and if I should try contacting them.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Did it ship by USPS or UPS? How was it sent? If it's USPS they don't usually update for delivery confirmation until it's delivered.

UPS doesn't deliver on weekends, except for Overnight. From my experience neither company updates on the weekend unless it's overnight mail.

I'll bet it will update tomorrow.

Usually when I get a shipment confirmation, it says that the carrier has been notified to expect the package. Does Drugstore.com have a FAQ area? You might try to look there to see how long before the prescription gets to you.........if it doesn't update..........just call them. Call them if it makes you feel better.

Hope you get it soon.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I think the order said it was shipped US Mail, but when I click on the tracking link, it goes to UPS. I've tried copying the tracking number over to the USPS site and neither one even shows it as being in their system, which is why I'm a little concerned here. It doesn't even say billing info received or anythign like that. I actually have had UPS update on the weekends, which is another reason I don't understand what's going on.

I did notice that they had my expected delivery date being 10/1, so unless it updates, I guess I'll just tell my mom to keep an eye out for it. I did go into my account and update my address for good so I don't screw this up next time!

Sunshine Rewards

If the tracking begins with a 9 or a 0 it's USPS. If it begins with 1Z it's UPS.

Usually only UPS gives a delivery date. You can sign up on UPS webnsite to be notified of changes in the delivery time. Go to the tracking page, put in the numbe rand you will see the option to be emailed.

Hope you get it as planned.

Thanks Kathie. I went to check what the shipping number started with and it was a 2. I clicked my link again -- I now have tracking info, and it's in Ohio! Still not expected delivery date per UPS, but I do know where the last stop for any shipment before it gets to my parents' is. I think there's a chance it might actually get there tomorrow.

Boy, do I feel stupid now!!!

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    I think there's a chance it might actually get there tomorrow.
    That would be great!! Hope you get it soon!!

With drugstore, I just try to trust what the expected date tells me. It almost always does get there that day.

Since you said it said USMail but took you to UPS, it might be a hybrid shipment, where it starts off with UPS then is delivered by the post office. It's a really weird thing (and I might even have it backwards...it's been awhile since I got one of those shipments, but they are relatively new with UPS thought DHL has used USPS in such a way for a LONG time) but it seems to work!
    Sunshine Rewards