Thread: Idea for College Student Cashouts

Default Idea for College Student Cashouts

I am saving up to cash out for Amazon GC. About a month before the new semester starts, I will get the ISBN numbers for all required textbooks and price shop! If I can even save $100 on textbooks, then I'm doing well.

This idea might be helpful for other college students as well.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Another idea is to see if your books are available on some of the book sites. I think we even have ecampus which specializes in college textbooks. If you could cash out for paypal and use that to purchase something from one of the stores you will get a cash back credit on the purchase!
    Sunshine Rewards

PLEASE be careful when you purchase textbook online. Many times the students get the books and they are not the correct edition or the wrong book all together. Many booksellers will not take back textbooks. I know many students that have saved tons on books buying them online. I also know many that have lost tons. Buy carefully.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

That is a great suggestion and one I used all through college. I actually made sure to go to the bookstore a week or two before classes began with my course list and physically looked at the book, author, cover, and ISBN before buying online. It saved me a ton.
    Sunshine Rewards

I dont' know if it is just in Florida or a national law, but colleges are now required to post (online) the ISBN number and price of the textbook 30 days before classes begin. AND they are not allowed to change any textbooks once they are posted. They did this to allow students time to shop around for the best price! I've got $10 in Amazon GC and yesterday cashed out for $35 in Amazon GC, so I'm on my way! (I believe I have another $10 one coming to me, too, but I'm not sure).
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by natofborg@gmail.com View Post
    I dont' know if it is just in Florida or a national law, but colleges are now required to post (online) the ISBN number and price of the textbook 30 days before classes begin. AND they are not allowed to change any textbooks once they are posted. They did this to allow students time to shop around for the best price! I've got $10 in Amazon GC and yesterday cashed out for $35 in Amazon GC, so I'm on my way! (I believe I have another $10 one coming to me, too, but I'm not sure).
    Unless it's within the past 2 years, its a FL thing.
    Don;t forget to look for SR merchants for your books as well-I was commenting to Babeemelly elsewhere on the net I was so annoyed I only found out about e-shopping rebates my senior year-all the eBayed books I could have gotten rewards on!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Yes, the law was passed about 3 months ago.

Thank you for reminding me to check other sites, too. I have had the best luck with Amazon.com for hte books that I have needed SO FAR. But that doesn't mean it will always be the case, huh?

Thanx!
    Sunshine Rewards