Thread: questions about shopping credits

Default questions about shopping credits

Hi
    I have done a little bit of shopping here and received credits without any problems before. I shopped at ebags earlier this month and they won't credit me...they said I used a different affiliate link to do the shopping. I know I went through SR for this order. I am wondering what could have gone wrong that this order wouldn't credit? I hope to do a lot of my Xmas shopping through SR but want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong so I can get the credit. Help!

If you look up a coupon on ANY other site, it can put cookies on your computer that will give a different affiliate the credit rather than SR. You need to make sure to clear cookies before shopping and only use coupons available through SR or on the merchant website. By doing those two things, I have had great luck with shopping credits and very rarely even file trouble tickets! Hope your luck improves!
    Sunshine Rewards

thanks. I thought I cleared the cookies, but maybe not. I will be sure to do that before shopping every time now!

ohhh...another question for you if you dont' mind. I booked a hotel stay for my DH at a Choice hotel through SR last week. He does have a Choice Privileges account there, so after I clicked on the link through SR, I logged in to his account to make the reservation. Will that negate the SR credit if I log into my account first? I have not seen the credit show up yet so I am wondering if it is because I logged into the Choice Privileges account. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by cepmom View Post
    ohhh...another question for you if you dont' mind. I booked a hotel stay for my DH at a Choice hotel through SR last week. He does have a Choice Privileges account there, so after I clicked on the link through SR, I logged in to his account to make the reservation. Will that negate the SR credit if I log into my account first? I have not seen the credit show up yet so I am wondering if it is because I logged into the Choice Privileges account. Thanks again!
    Travel credits tend to take a bit longer and often times do not post until the travel is completed. That said, we often do not get credit when you use any available benefits on your account with these merchants, i.e. hotel points, special rates for cardholders, etc. That just makes sense, if you are getting a big discount or a preferred rate because you are one of their "premier" members, they will not also pay credits to us.

We'll just have to wait and see. If you don't see credit come through, open a ticket. I'll be happy to check it out for you!
    Angie

Thanks Angie. We used a AAA rate, and he does receive Choice Privileges points for staying there, but I will keep my eyes open for any credit we might get. If not, then I will assume that it will not credit due to the Choice membership.