Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offers Cancelled

Default Offers Cancelled

Some of you may have seen my posts in other places about quick cancellations, but I just wanted to pass along some new information that I got today. I try to keep my ear very close to the ground when it comes to industry trends, and I want you to have all of the information you can have.

I've been concerned for several months that as people talk more and more openly about how to cancel trials for products without actually evaluating the products, we are going to see less and less trials (even the ones where you pay S/H). We just got word today that 9 of our trial offers are being pulled (from ALL rewards sites) as of tomorrow. Here is what the advertiser said:

"The decision is directly influenced by greater awareness among GPT users of quick cancellation and other methods of taking undue advantage of the system - so please do not encourage these behaviors in your site users."

This comes on the heels of Tickle discontinuing any incentives last fall and Scholastic scaling back its use of incentives this month.

I don't know exactly where the rewards industry is headed. But I can say that advertisers are starting to limit much more the use of incentives for offers. Just keep your eyes open and be careful. And don't be surprised if you see major changes in some of your reward programs over the next few months because of it.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Bummer. Thanks for letting us know the insider scoop though.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Thanks for sharing.
    Sunshine Rewards

They actually followed it up with an even stronger email later this afternoon regarding incentive site practices in general and what we all need to do to make sure that we can continue to incentivize offers. SR is already doing a lot of things that they suggest, but we are not doing everything. We may have to take some of them into consideration, though, if other advertisers suggest the same things. The big one would be holding all Paypal cashouts until the 15th of the month.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Thats really a shame because offers like Passport to Fun was a great offer and worth keeping, not cancelling for the small amount it cost. Hopefully there won't be a lot more offers pulled.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    They actually followed it up with an even stronger email later this afternoon regarding incentive site practices in general and what we all need to do to make sure that we can continue to incentivize offers. SR is already doing a lot of things that they suggest, but we are not doing everything. We may have to take some of them into consideration, though, if other advertisers suggest the same things. The big one would be holding all Paypal cashouts until the 15th of the month.
    That sure would really stink for me as I don't do the big offers and love using paypal. O, well. I will take my free money any way I can.
    <Sunshine Rewards

I hate how one bad apple ruins it for the rest of us.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Aw, that is too bad....but I can understand why they are doing this.

I don't think that it is just one bad apple ruining it. I am sure that we are all guilty of not always giving the trials a fair chance.

I am sure we will adapt to the changes..where there is a will there is a way to make $$ for WDW!!!! Thanks for the heads up.
    Miss
    Look Ariel we can earn money on Sunshine!! Sunshine Rewards